Error 155

M Reed
M Reed Member
Hello! I'm experiencing trouble downloading transactions from my FI for checking and savings activity. I've been using quicken for a few years now without issue, but the last 2 weeks, I've gotten error 155 - FI blocking access. However, when I contacted my credit union, they see nothing on their end that has changed. Has anyone had this issue? More importantly, how did you resolve it? These are my main accounts, and adding items manually is not an option, so without the transaction download, I might as well be using spreadsheets!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    Hello @M Reed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are receiving this error from? And which connection type are you using to connect (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• M Reed
    M Reed Member
    Hi! Thanks for the quick response.
    - Quicken version: Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100)
    - FI: State Employees Credit Union
    - Connection Type: Quicken Connect

Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    @M Reed Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, I suggest creating a new (test) file and try adding the account brand new in the test file to see if you receive the same result. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• M Reed
    M Reed Member
    The connection works in my test file! How can I correct it in my "real" file so I don't have to recreate scheduled transactions?
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying that and providing an update.

Before we move forward in your main file, first, could you please double-check and confirm which connection type was set up in the test file? 

-Quicken Anja

• M Reed
    M Reed Member
    Direct Connect
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2021
    Thank you! 

Go ahead and switch back to your original file and save a backup (just in case), then deactivate the account. If needed, please refer to this support article for deactivation instructions. 

Once deactivated, please follow the instructions below to reactivate the account using Direct Connect.
    1. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the account(s) that you previously deactivated 
    2. Use the search field at the top of the financial institution list to find and select your financial institution and click the grey Options button
    3. Select Direct Connect and click Continue
    4. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    5. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken. If applicable, choose Ignore for any accounts you wish to leave out of Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• M Reed
    M Reed Member
    I adjusted the connection type in my main file and it fixed the issue. Thank you!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @M Reed  At the risk of being too simplistic, I see you said it worked in the test file with Direct Connect, and isn't working in your live file with Quicken Connect; have you tried changing the connection type in your live file to Direct Connect to see if it works as it did in the test file? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • M Reed
    M Reed Member
    Instead of deactivating the accounts, I was able to just go into settings and change the connection type for each of the impacted accounts.
  • M Reed
    M Reed Member
    Thanks @jacobs, that's exactly what I did!
  • Quicken Anja
    @M Reed Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear the switch resolved the issue for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.