How to track security without a ticker symbol

My 401k sold a security and purchased what they say is an identical security with lower fees. That new security is a collective investment trust without a ticker symbol. While my 401K account in Quicken shows correct transactions and balances, this new security does not show up in any reports or graphs. Is there a way to have this security show up in reports and graphs? :*

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We may track securities without a ticker symbol.

If we're able to match the security to a holding downloaded from a financial institution, the price history should be be maintained.  Otherwise, we may update the price history ourselves.

As to why the security isn't showing up in any reports or graphs, I suggest you verify the security is checked on the Securities tab of the Customize window for the report or graph: open the report or graph and press Alt + C.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We may track securities without a ticker symbol.

If we're able to match the security to a holding downloaded from a financial institution, the price history should be be maintained.  Otherwise, we may update the price history ourselves.

As to why the security isn't showing up in any reports or graphs, I suggest you verify the security is checked on the Securities tab of the Customize window for the report or graph: open the report or graph and press Alt + C.
  • borntohike
    borntohike Member ✭✭
    That was the problem. For some reason, securities are not staying 'checked' at times in reports or graphs. This happened to me several months ago and when I chatted with a Quicken technician, he had me validate my file and this fixed it. I validated again and now the security in question is staying 'checked'. I'll just have to remember to validate if this appears again. Thanks for your response.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    borntohike said:  I'll just have to remember to validate if this appears again. Thanks for your response.
    just wondering -
    What release ..... Help --> About Quicken
    Were there any error messages displayed at the end of the Validate ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• borntohike
    borntohike Member ✭✭
    It is happening again today. Accounts will not stay checked. No error messages except this when I validated: "QEL: The old file was corrupt and only some of the data has been recovered." After validating, the account stays checked. Version R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10