How do I stop Balance Adjustments for Student Loans on Quicken Mac?

nothingclever
nothingclever Member ✭✭
I have added my Fed loans to quicken, and had to manually add the interest that had accrued - for some reason, Quicken would not add that. Regardless, Quicken continues to add a Balance Adjustment in the amount of my interest added, since it uses a Live Balance Adjustment. I have tried to disable that in the Accounts --> Account Adjust Balance --> Balance Adjustment. However, it still continues to use the Live Balance Adjustment.

I have also deleted the register entry with Live Balance Adjustment and switched that Opening Balance; however, as stated above, it just adds a balance adjustment regardless.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @nothingclever

Thanks for the update. If that's the case the next thing we can attempt is to create another account and move the transactions to the new account. You can do this by creating the account and selecting the balance to a normal opening balance. Once you've done this you can move over the transactions in your old account by selecting the first one that's not the opening balance. Hold SHIFT on your keyboard and click your last transaction. From there click and hold inside of the highlighted area. Drag it over from the old account to the new. This should move all the transactions from the old account to the new account.

Once you've done this see if you're able to get the new account functioning properly to your liking. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @nothingclever

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  I was taking a look to see if what exactly would be causing the issue. I'm wondering here if you might be able to solve the issue by duplicating the live balance adjustment then deleting the original. I tried it and it seems to have worked on my end but let me know if that's not the case. You can do this by right clicking or holding Ctrl and clicking the transaction. From here you can duplicate and delete the original. 

Once you get the chance let me know if this does help. If not we can take a look to see what else we can try to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    I just tried that, and still unable to fix the issue. It continues to add an adjustment regardless.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @nothingclever

Thanks for the update. If that's the case the next thing we can attempt is to create another account and move the transactions to the new account. You can do this by creating the account and selecting the balance to a normal opening balance. Once you've done this you can move over the transactions in your old account by selecting the first one that's not the opening balance. Hold SHIFT on your keyboard and click your last transaction. From there click and hold inside of the highlighted area. Drag it over from the old account to the new. This should move all the transactions from the old account to the new account.

Once you've done this see if you're able to get the new account functioning properly to your liking. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.