Updating bank accounts is hit or miss

Quicken is unreliable for updates of accounts. Upgrade to version 2020 and it is no better. I have been getting a message off an on that the Quicken Server is off line. Very bad support. I keep the product, but also use Quicken On Line that is a different company

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of accounts?  What financial institutions?  What specific problems (what error messages or codes)?
    When you do HELP, About Quicken, what shows as:
    • Your Q product?
    • Your BUILD of that product?
    • Your "Membership valid thru" date?
    As is, you haven't provided sufficient info that any one can help your, or diagnose the issue.
    And, there's no such product as "Quicken On Line".  Do you mean "Quicken on the Web",  or "Quicken Mobile" or both ... and the use of either is known to cause some problems with the Q desktop product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mark.sentz
    mark.sentz Member
    My checking and savings accounts have not been able to update since 3/18/2021. Only thing I get out of support is a general comment about covid relief funds being the problem. Seems like a long time to get this resolved.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mark.sentz

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

I would next sign out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below. 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts 

2. Click sign in as a different user 

3. Type "yes" to sign out 

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results. 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~