Bank of America Pin

Bank of America is asking for pin verification now every time I download activity. They say that I need to approve Quicken to retrieve my activity. Can you verify this and tell me how to do the approval?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @vohtahn

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The setting to allow 3rd party connections are typically located under security/privacy or possibly account settings on the bank's website.

If you are unable to locate the option, I would recommend contacting Bank of America for help locating the option to enable 3rd party access.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @vohtahn

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The setting to allow 3rd party connections are typically located under security/privacy or possibly account settings on the bank's website.

If you are unable to locate the option, I would recommend contacting Bank of America for help locating the option to enable 3rd party access.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Redneck
    Redneck Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I tried to solve this problem too. Bank of America has no clue what to do. Therefore the "accepted" answer was no help.

Quicken support advised me to deactivate the account from on line services. Then add it back. Be sure and link to an existing account. Do all this in the edit account online services tab.

What I noticed was in the one step update screen the name had changed from "Bank of America - All other States" to "Bank of America - Quicken". SO now I don't get asked for a 6 digit code.

So Quicken support was on the correct path. Wish I had been nicer to the nice young man that helped me.

I am on a Windows 10 machine.

Good luck
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Redneck

Thank you for the response although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist. If you have not done so already, I would recommend refreshing the branding and profile information for the account.
    1. Select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list.
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    Please let me know the results!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Redneck
    Redneck Member ✭✭✭
    That didn't work at all
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Redneck

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results. If you are now using a different Bank of America option in the list, I would deactivate and reactivate the account once more.

I would then reconnect using the original "Bank of America - All other States" and see if you are able to successfully connect and receive the PIN.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JP16
    JP16 Member
    Experiencing the same issue after I was forced to rebuild my Windows10 system from OS on up after a Windows Update corrupted the prior image. Expected to be asked for a multi-factor PIN the FIRST time I connected, since my PC looks "new" to all financial providers, and all BUT Bank of America asked me for the PIN once (and only once). BofA cannot remember this PC, and asks for dual factor auth at least once a day...often more frequently. Have tried all the above steps to no avail. BofA is clueless and wants me to ask Quicken to help me turn on "third party access/sharing" setting in Quicken. That suggestion was after hours on the phone with them and escalations. Is there such a setting in Quicken Deluxe?
This discussion has been closed.