I get the "transactions to review" flag,If there are even when there are no transactions to review.

Grady
Grady Member ✭✭
Sarah's answer to this was posted in Feb 2018.
"If there are transactions listed, click the "Compare to Register" button to the right and that should move the transactions to the Downloaded Transactions section in the register view to review and accept. If nothing happens, that confirms those transactions are "stuck" and our next step will be to adjust the preferences to temporarily auto-accept new transactions. Please click on the Edit tab at the top, left side of Quicken and select "Preferences" from the menu that opens. In the new window, click "Downloaded Transactions" on the left side and then mark the top two boxes on the right side of the window and click Ok.
My problem is that the "Compare to Register" button is grayed out and I cannot click on it. Are there other option to correct this issue? I've had one Investment account with this problem for a couple of years and nothing seems to help. It continues to show there are 409 transactions to review, but they are not showing.
I can't Reset Account or Deactivate b/c of this problem. PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Grady,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please, provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              If Quicken reports an error when creating the Copy file, then hold Ctrl + Shift while you click File > File Operations > Copy. When prompted to "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click Yes. Note: Only do this if you receive an error as this may cause some data loss.
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Grady
    Grady Member ✭✭
    All the steps above did not fix the problem. The number of transactions to review now shows 41 less (409 down to 368)?? After 1st validation, there were 300 to 400 issues with the QEL file. After Super validating, the QEL showed "All internal consistency checks passed". But, the problem of 368 transactions to review that are not showing, still remains. My Version is Quicken Deluxe Version R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12
  • Grady
    Grady Member ✭✭
    PS - I did get a message at the end of each validation that read "Duplicate Category Name. Try another name".
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Grady Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and providing us with an update.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.