Quicken locks up after downloading transactions!

Options
I started Quicken today (after it updated) and downloaded my transactions as usual. But now, Quicken continually switches back and forth between full-window and full-screen modes without ever stopping or responding to clicks. It is entirely UNUSABLE!
For a long time I have been annoyed by Quicken's flipping between full-window and full-screen mode, but until now the flipping has always stopped after a couple flips. This latest update has made the mode-flipping continual and eternal.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Answers

• BeSkeptical
    BeSkeptical Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why does Quicken EVER go into full-screen mode? I have never asked for that or wanted it. As I mentioned, it used to be merely annoying--it would flip back into window mode after a moment, and stay there so I could get work done. But now, the flipping just continues forever.
  • BeSkeptical
    BeSkeptical Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have found a workaround. When I minimize all other windows, Quicken no longer flips into full-screen mode at all.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Click on @UKR's last sentence ("Troubleshooting ....") to get the link to the thread that he's referencing.
    This new forum design STINKS when it comes to displaying links.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP