How do I find what date a file was last modified (Q Mac)

Jean789
Jean789 Member
:/ I need to prove to a family member that a file has not been changed. Where do I find the last date modified?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The default location, if you haven't changed it, is somewhat hidden. In the Finder, pull down the Go menu and hold down the Option key to select Library. Now navigate to Application Support > Quicken > Documents. This is the default location for your Quicken data file(s).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    You can also locate the file from within Quicken by clicking menu File > Show "filename" in Finder. That, however, would require opening the file and making any reference to the Finder's last modification date moot.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    If you navigate to the file in the Finder, then menu File > Get Info, it will show the last modified date. But be aware that if you open a Quicken file, even if you don't actually change anything, the FInder's last modified date will be updated. 

The only other way I can think to get around this would be to go to the All Transactions register and add the "Modified" column (menu View > Columns). Then click the Modified column header to sort by that column. This will show you the most recently modified transaction in the database.
  • Jean789
    Jean789 Member
    I've looked long and hard (with computer experience since 1986), and I cannot find the Quicken files at all in the Finder!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The default location, if you haven't changed it, is somewhat hidden. In the Finder, pull down the Go menu and hold down the Option key to select Library. Now navigate to Application Support > Quicken > Documents. This is the default location for your Quicken data file(s).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    You can also locate the file from within Quicken by clicking menu File > Show "filename" in Finder. That, however, would require opening the file and making any reference to the Finder's last modification date moot.
This discussion has been closed.