List of banks that support Direct Access

Thinking about moving from Banktivity to Quicken. One question before I purchase: Does Quicken support Direct Access to these banks: ABSA, First National Bank, Standard Bank (all in South Africa), Comdirect (Germany), Swissquote (Switzerland)?
I could not find a list of supported banks on any site.

I assume that the import into Quicken with QIF files is supported and that Quicken supports different currencies, mainly EUR, CHF, ZAR, GBP

thanks in advance for your help

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note Quicken Mac doesn't import QIF files except for migrating from another personal finance program.
    Also it only supports direct access to USA and Canadian financial institutions.

Quicken Mac does support multiple currencies "somewhat", it doesn't have "full support".  You can set those various currencies, but I don't believe that Quicken Mac even has the ability to download exchange rates, and I do know that in reports the different currencies are reported separately (no conversion to a given currency).

When importing QIF files there isn't any currency in them, just numbers.  It is the currency of the accounts that decides what those numbers are.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note Quicken Mac doesn't import QIF files except for migrating from another personal finance program.
    Also it only supports direct access to USA and Canadian financial institutions.

Quicken Mac does support multiple currencies "somewhat", it doesn't have "full support".  You can set those various currencies, but I don't believe that Quicken Mac even has the ability to download exchange rates, and I do know that in reports the different currencies are reported separately (no conversion to a given currency).

When importing QIF files there isn't any currency in them, just numbers.  It is the currency of the accounts that decides what those numbers are.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KlausG
    KlausG Member
    Thanks a lot for the clarification
This discussion has been closed.