Why has Quicken the last few months stopped allowing downloaded transactions?

and before someone saying it's the banks fault, why does it also not allow any of my other accounts/credit cards to download?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @jknox4sc

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if to start off here we can sign in and out of the program to see if that might help. It's a quick step to start off here. I'll leave steps down below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this let us know if you're able to get your OSU to give you any messages. If not we'll see what we can try next. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @jknox4sc

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Could we get more information about the issue you're having. Are you getting any specific error message when trying to update? How long has this been going on an the FI's that are affected as well. Additionally do you know if you have any issues after updating the program? 

Once we have more information about the issue we'll see what we can try to get your accounts back up and running. Let us know once you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jknox4sc
    jknox4sc Member
    That's the thing it's not giving an error message. I do what I have done for years and use the "update accounts" symbol above my listed accounts and it opens the box appears to download all of my accounts but then nothing else happens. Normally at this point it would add transactions to my registers but instead there is nothing new listed or reconciled.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit more info is needed.
    What Q product are you running, what's the BUILD of that product, and what's your "Membership Valid Thru" date?  This info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    And, can you please name a bank, brokerage or card that's having this problem ... so that we can try to focus the remedy to that account before we expand to the big picture?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jknox4sc
    jknox4sc Member
    Membership is valid thru Jan 2022. Version R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12 Windows 10 version. First Citizens Bank appears to have most of the issues
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @jknox4sc

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if to start off here we can sign in and out of the program to see if that might help. It's a quick step to start off here. I'll leave steps down below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this let us know if you're able to get your OSU to give you any messages. If not we'll see what we can try next. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco