Downloading Schwab Retirement Plan accounts after March 1 2021

jrduwve1
jrduwve1 Member ✭✭
After March 1 2021 Quicken has stopped downloading information from my Schwab Retirement plan. It has worked for years prior to this date. I get no errors and it acts like everything is fine. All other accounts download fine. I have deactivated and reactivated the account. It is set up for Schwab Retirement Plan Services.

Thanks,
Jim

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    Hello @jrduwve1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. First, save a backup of your data file (just in case).
    Then, please follow the instructions below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jrduwve1
    jrduwve1 Member ✭✭
    That didn't fix the issue. I've also deactivted and reactivated the accounts. I created a test file for the account in question and it downloaded all the data correctly back until 2019.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2021
    Thank you for the additional information.

When you deactivated/reactivated; did you reactivate through Add Account or through Set Up Now (found in the Online Services tab)? If you have only tried reactivating through Set Up Now, then I suggest that you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue again and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now).

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• jrduwve1
    jrduwve1 Member ✭✭
    I tried those steps and it reactivates the account, says it downloaded transactions from the last 3052 days, but all transactions since March 2, 2021 are still missing.

Jim
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product are you running, what BUILD of that product and what's your "Membership Valid Thru" date.  You can find this info in your desktop product by doing HELP, About Quicken in QWin, or Quicken, About Quicken in QMac.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jrduwve1
    jrduwve1 Member ✭✭
    Ver 32.12 Build 27.1.32.12 Feb 8 2022
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2021
    @jrduwve1 Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and for providing us with an update.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    @jrduwve1 were you able to fix this? I'm having the same problem. Using Direct Connect to "Schwab Retirement Plan Services" to download my 401k account at Schwab. But it stopped downloading transactions a while ago without giving me any error message.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 2022
    Hello @zamo132,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in April of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.