How can I keep the selections in One Step Update?

It used to be that all I had to do was click on One Step Update icon and enter my password and all of my accounts would be updated. Sometime in the last month or so this changed so that now I click on the icon, enter my password and nothing happens. I have to click the icon again and select the accounts (all) to update. To my way of thinking this voids the term One Step Update. Is there a way around this that I haven't found?
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    After opening Quicken click on Tools > One Step Update > enter your password > Settings.  Make sure all Accounts are selected, click Apply and then Close.  That should work.

• JAM
    JAM Member
    Tried what you suggested. Then I exited Quicken went back in and all of the selections were blank again. Nothing seems to keep the selections from one session to the next. Thanks anyway.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jam, that would suggest that your Q data file is corrupted.  Have you tried Validating it?  FILE, File Operations, Validate and
    Repair ... then be sure to click VALIDATE and "Repair Investing Lots" before you click OK.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JAM
    JAM Member
    Thanks for the suggestion but this didn't work either. Appreciate your trying to help.
  • its the details
    its the details Member ✭✭
    I have had the same problem for a long time. Tried all of these. Unfortunately, it forces me to do a quote update first and then I can select all accounts. It should just "remember" the setting, but it does not.
  • JAM
    JAM Member
    Thanks for replying but this is not my problem. My OSU settings are blank each time I go into the Update.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JAM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JAM
    JAM Member
    Thanks for replying. I did what you suggested and still can't keep my OSU selections from one sign-in to the next. I really think this is a program problem and the fix will have to come from Quicken. Thanks again.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update!

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• JAM
    JAM Member
    I sent this to them about a month ago but will send it again. Thanks
  • JAM
    JAM Member
    contacted Quicken chat. It took an hour + and a totally clean install but my problem was solved. Thanks to everyone for you help.
  • Quicken Anja
    @JAM Thanks for the update! Glad to hear support was able to resolve the issue for you. (:

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.