In the past few days, Quicken is not opening to the last size window and position. Fix?

Joe9832
Joe9832 Member ✭✭
In the past few days, Quicken is not opening to the last size window and position. The window has always opened to the same size and position as the last time I used the program. Why is Quicken now opening to a small window requiring me to resize it every time I open it? Is there a fiz for this issue?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken should be maintaining the application window size and position in the QUSER.INI file located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder. I suggest you confirm the same. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Joe9832 said:
    Sherlock, thanks for this answer. Quser.ini is in the right folder. Here is the text:
    [Window]
    State=Normal
    Left=4
    Top=0
    Height=1040
    Width=1917
    This appears to be my normal size and position. The program does not open with that size and position. This issue has only occurred for the past few days. Do you suggest a fix for the problem?
    From your description, I suspect Quicken is not reading the file.  Does the files's Date Modified update when you start Quicken?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken should be maintaining the application window size and position in the QUSER.INI file located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder. I suggest you confirm the same. 
  • Joe9832
    Joe9832 Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, thanks for this answer. Quser.ini is in the right folder. Here is the text:
    [Window]
    State=Normal
    Left=4
    Top=0
    Height=1040
    Width=1917
    This appears to be my normal size and position. The program does not open with that size and position. This issue has only occurred for the past few days. Do you suggest a fix for the problem?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Joe9832 said:
    [Window]
    State=Normal
    Left=4
    Top=0
    Height=1040
    Width=1917
    From your description, I suspect Quicken is not reading the file.  Does the files's Date Modified update when you start Quicken?
  • Joe9832
    Joe9832 Member ✭✭
    Thanks again, Sherlock. After I opened the ini and checked it out, I started Quicken again and it opened to the size and location I expected. Whatever caused the problem must have corrected.
This discussion has been closed.