Gesa Credit Union not downloading again - error 105 (Q Mac)

Paul_
Paul_ Member ✭✭
Mac Pro 10.14.6
Quicken 6.1.1

All 11 of my Gesa Credit Union Accounts (9 under one set of credentials; 2 under a different set) have stopped downloading again. Had a similar problem posted on this board by in December 2020 - searching for "Gesa" finds it.

I reported the errors using the "Report errors" on the set up dialog.

Resetting the connection for the accounts didn't work. Updating the login information freezes at the "Getting Gesa Credit Union requirements...." screen.

Here is a log extract:

poll response:
{
"status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
"aggregators" : [
{
"channel" : "FDS_DEFAULT",
"cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.105",
"aggStatus" : "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE",
"isProcessing" : false,
"cpAggStatusDetail" : "URL. Website is currently unavailable or intermittently available."
}

How does this get fixed?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Derry
    Derry Member
    Answer ✓
    Update this morning (4/13) - appears my general GESA accounts are downloading but not my (formerly Inspirus) Visa. Maybe give it a couple of days for all of the plumbing to start working again (since Visa is a slightly different pipe)? Thanks for all the great info!
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Like @Derry, my Gesa accounts are all now downloading again this morning.

For those following this thread not familiar with Gesa, Gesa and Inspirus merged and "flipped the switch on the new, consolidated systems on Monday, November 2, 2020".

Answers

• Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    I forgot to mention that I can log into the Gesa Credit Union website with both sets of log in credentials and access all of my accounts.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭
    Me too, also again!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @ATC

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for providing your logs if the issue you're having. With the specific issue you're having I would recommend contacting  Quicken Support so that we're able to collect logs and figure out exactly what is happening. With aggregator in errors we'll need to see the logs to figure out what's happening. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you when you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

This error occurs when the bank's website is unavailable to download transactions to Quicken. This could be due to a website outage, or the bank may be preventing Quicken from accessing their website due to high traffic.

If the problem continues to persist on Monday, please contact Quicken Support for assistance.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    I reported the problem to Gesa and will let you know if it is resolved or if I need help from Quicken Support.
  • conwaypb
    conwaypb Member
    On April 8, 2021 I reported Gesa Credit Union is not updating accounts. I've contacted Gesa CU and they don't have accounts blocked. My other accounts are functioning fine. Error code is 105, I understand this is an ongoing error. This is concerning that it is taking so long to get this fixed in a timely manner.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Have you contacted Quicken Support?

They will likely ask you to create a new test file and set up your Gesa account to see if it works by itself in a new file. If it does not, they will typically want to get the logs from your Quicken to pass on to their connectivity team for investigation. If it works in the test file, then there's no problem with connectivity, but a problem in your data file.

If Gesa made any changes to their website or security, such issues can take anywhere from several days to several weeks to get resolved, depending on whether the issue is on Quicken;'s end, Gesa's end, or both. But it starts with showing there is no connectivity to Gesa, and contacting Quicken so they can document the problem and begin the investigation process.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • conwaypb
    conwaypb Member
    Thanks Jacob!
    When I called Quicken both times had me do new test file.
    There is a problem with shutting down because of stimulus check fraud.
    Hope this is something that can be fixed! I really depend on Quicken.

Again Thanks!
    B
  • jacobs
    @conwaypb  Well, if Quicken Support confirmed that the financial institution is blocking Quicken currently, there's nothing that Quicken can do until the credit union allows Quicken access once again. You can complain to the credit union about this; Quicken can't do anything to resolve this if they are locked out. 

Meanwhile, keep in mind you can simply enter transactions manually to keep your account up-to-date in Quicken while the credit union is blocking access. When downloads resume, they will auto-match (and/or you can manually drag-match) the downloaded and manual transactions.
  • GBM9
    GBM9 Member ✭✭
    I have had issues downloading from GESA also. I reached out to Quicken support and they agreed the issue was with Quicken but could not fix the problem while I was on call with support. This was on Thursday last week. I am on a Windows machine but thought i would weigh in since this is a known issue.
  • Derry
    Derry Member
    +1 to watch this thread for resolution - yes, I feel the pain of the flakiness. But THANK YOU for sharing so I know it's not just me. :)
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Status update (4/12 ~ noon):

(1) I called Quicken support - they said the problem is with Gesa or their aggregator and will be working to help Gesa identify the problem. They were able to find my previously uploaded log files.

(2) More interesting, I just discussed the problem with support from Gesa (Brandon). He said the problem is that Gesa IT has been trying to block access to Gesa's data from a third party aggregator named Yodlee (I am not sure of the spelling). That aggregator has weak security and Gesa is trying to avoid exposing customer information. Unfortunately, Gesa IT is also unintentionally blocking access by Quicken. And Gesa IT keeps reporting to management that the problem is fixed (they don't have a copy of Quicken to test it - I suggested they shell out a few bucks for a substations for troubleshooting!), even though it isn't, so customer service is out-of-the loop and thinks everything is normal. Brandon will escalate the problem again and doesn't have an estimated fix date.
  • jacobs
    Excellent report on the source of the problem, @Paul_ 

I think this is one example of some of the behind-the-scenes problems that we Quicken users typically aren't exposed to which makes Quicken's dealing with thousands of financial institutions so fraught with problems. Quicken contract with Intuit (its former parent) for connectivity services, but there are other providers out there like Yodlee which compete with Intuit to offer services to other personal finance software products. In some cases, they may try to mask their identity and piggy-back on an opening that exists for Intuit/Quicken, and that's when financial institutions throw up a brick wall to block everyone if they can't easily put up a sieve to allow traffic from some sources while blocking others.

All we as Quicken users know is "it stopped working", and then a few days or weeks alter, it starts working again. Financial institutions rightly place top priority on protecting their customers' identity and data, sometimes at the expense of blocking easy access for third-party programs like Quicken and other personal finance software. Down in the trenches, it's a messy business. 
  • macsiah
    macsiah Member
    I updated the ticket I created with Gesa when it happened the first time in December. It started working about 10 minutes after I updated the ticket. Could be a coincidence or they could be doing something to unblock the accounts that report a problem.
  • Derry
    Derry Member
    Answer ✓
    Update this morning (4/13) - appears my general GESA accounts are downloading but not my (formerly Inspirus) Visa. Maybe give it a couple of days for all of the plumbing to start working again (since Visa is a slightly different pipe)? Thanks for all the great info!
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Like @Derry, my Gesa accounts are all now downloading again this morning.

For those following this thread not familiar with Gesa, Gesa and Inspirus merged and "flipped the switch on the new, consolidated systems on Monday, November 2, 2020".
This discussion has been closed.