RE: Account may be closed. Log in to your eBiller's web site to check the status is this account.

I'm getting an alert/warning in Quicken-Mac indicating a problem with an eBiller's site which has always worked fine. I am still able to log into the web account manually. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• OldB
    OldB Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank for the support!
    Checked my account at FPL and did not notice any problems... I unlinked the bill from quicken and the re-linked it. It is now working. Go figure..

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the biller's name?
    If you tell us, the people at Quicken can look up the biller's status and see what's going on.

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to failures or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?
    I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• OldB
    OldB Member
    The biller's name is Florida Power and Electric (FPL). I am not in danger of being late at this point and can manually pay via my bank's web site. The website is up and running fine with the proper balance owed. Quicken reports that the site is reporting the account is closed? My account number is correct and has not changed in 20 years.
    Thanks...
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hello @OldB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look on our side and noticed this message is attached to the payee.

We're having some trouble syncing Florida Power & Light because you haven't yet added any of your accounts for online access. Please log in to Florida Power & Light online and add your accounts.

I'm wondering here if they may have recently changed something on the websites end for us to be able to get connected. If you could double check to see if that might be the case and let us know if you're able to find anything. Let us know once you get the chance!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • OldB
    OldB Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank for the support!
    Checked my account at FPL and did not notice any problems... I unlinked the bill from quicken and the re-linked it. It is now working. Go figure..
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @OldB

Glad to here you were able to get it working after removing and readding it. If you do run into the issue again pleas let us know so we're able to take another look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.