Why are the attachments on the mobile app blank? I'm unable to view attachments through the app.

AK_ Trek
AK_ Trek Member ✭✭
I have an iPhone and I'm unable to view attachments through the mobile app. Nevertheless, I am able to view the attachments through my MAC laptop and through app.quicken.com but not through the app on the iPhone.
It shows the attachment icon on the transactions, but when clicking on the attachment it goes blank.

I've reset the cloud account, installed and reinstalled the quicken app without success?

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are the attachments images?

Quicken Mobile/Web only support image attachments.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • AK_ Trek
    AK_ Trek Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris, most of my attachments are pdf. I really hope they update the app soon it just doesn’t make much sense why they would limit to only images.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I really want this as well. Most of my attachments are PDFs too, and I can successfully view them on desktop and the web (at app.quicken.com). It appears it’s only the mobile app that won’t display PDF attachments, which is really surprising. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AK_ Trek and @Austin@ - If this is a feature you really want added to Quicken Mobile, I suggest you go to Product Ideas - Quicken Mobile and click on the New Idea button to add it as a product improvement suggestion.  Others who see it can then vote for it if they want it, too.  The Quicken Team does monitor Product Ideas and will consider adding them to their product development plan if it is feasible to do so.  The more people who vote for an idea the more likely that it will be added to the product development plan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    It's already been created and voted on:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7370632/isnt-it-time-the-quicken-mobile-app-supported-pdf-attachments-8-legacy-votes-edited#latest

It's unfortunate that this idea has been around since 2016 and there has been no progress on it.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austin@ said:
    It's already been created and voted on:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7370632/isnt-it-time-the-quicken-mobile-app-supported-pdf-attachments-8-legacy-votes-edited#latest

It's unfortunate that this idea has been around since 2016 and there has been no progress on it.
    Thanks for finding this.  I did a search but I didn't see it.
    One thing to keep in mind is that just because an idea has been posted and voted for does not mean that it will at some point be added to the program.  Many ideas, even those with a lot of votes for them, do not get implemented because it is perceived by the Quicken Team that it will be too expensive to implement, that it will break something else in Quicken or for any one of a number of reasons.  But generally it is true that the more people who vote for an idea the more likely it will eventually get implemented.  And on the bright side:  The Quicken Team has not already archived this idea as "Not Planned" so maybe this means that they are still open to it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• AK_ Trek
    AK_ Trek Member ✭✭
    Thanks for looking into it, I’ve already voted. It seems to be such a basic capability for the mobile app to have since it’s already available for the desktop and web.
This discussion has been closed.