SOLVED: ONGOING 4/14/2021 Citibank Error CC-501/101, 502/102, 505/105

Options
tnic17
tnic17 Member
I have solved this problem (Costco-Citibank downloading error) by setting up a “new" Transaction Download account in Quicken that I used to replace the non-functional one (which was named Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi). I used “Citibank” as the name to set it up and the same password as my non-functional account. After I set it up, I changed the name of the old (not working) file and re-named the new Quicken file so it had the same displayed name in Quicken (for my convenience) as the account I replaced. When set-up up, it loaded all my bank transactions back to early January 2021. I hid the old, renamed, file just in case I needed to refer to older transactions. I will keep this for a year or so as a back-up.

Note that the download file name is “Citibank.” I only changed the displayed name in Quicken. I got a clue to this solution from a user quote that said Citibank was sensitive to being set up in a particular way using specific, approved, Citibank account names for it to work.

tnic17

Comments

• jlbaldwin
    jlbaldwin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did the same thing but didn’t create a new department account. Started to make new account ‘Citibank’ but linked it to old one. Only problem was to delete many duplicates in register-a pain.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @tnic17

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to find a workaround for the issue. We are still currently working on getting the Costco connection up and running so the solution you have is a workaround. I believe it should work the whole time as they have the same login but I would recommend following the post for any updates in the case you'd like to switch it back in the future.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891092/ongoing-4-14-2021-citibank-error-cc-501-101-502-102-505-105#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.