modify 1 line of a split transaction

Options
I have one transaction that is a split very month with the same numbers. What's the easiest way to edit the same tag in each the lines easily?
Also, what how do I display transactions showing the split lines opened to view within that split transaction?

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TJ102

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see what would be the easiest way to edit tags and from what I was able to find Copy Pasting tended to be the fast test way since you don't need to do very many actions. That would be my best recommendation.

For your second question if you could provide an example that would help with figuring out the best way to do what you're asking here. 

Once you get a chance let us know if this information helped. Also let us know more about the second question and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    TJ102 said:
    I have one transaction that is a split very month with the same numbers. What's the easiest way to edit the same tag in each the lines easily?
    Also, what how do I display transactions showing the split lines opened to view within that split transaction?
    I take it you want to edit the transactions already existing in the register.  I was faced with a similar task recently.  Editing each transaction manually was the best I could come up with.  I did make use of 'pasting' in the desired tag (Ctrl-V). 

The Banking Transactions report has the option to "Show Splits" available in its customization screen.   

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TJ102

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see what would be the easiest way to edit tags and from what I was able to find Copy Pasting tended to be the fast test way since you don't need to do very many actions. That would be my best recommendation.

For your second question if you could provide an example that would help with figuring out the best way to do what you're asking here. 

Once you get a chance let us know if this information helped. Also let us know more about the second question and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    TJ102 said:
    I take it you want to edit the transactions already existing in the register.  I was faced with a similar task recently.  Editing each transaction manually was the best I could come up with.  I did make use of 'pasting' in the desired tag (Ctrl-V). 

The Banking Transactions report has the option to "Show Splits" available in its customization screen.   
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, I thought that was the only way, but thought I'd ask. Sometimes I see something and say "there must be a better way" , and there probably could be, but just isn't! Could be's don't count though! I also found that Register report shows all split lines! thanks for the response!
This discussion has been closed.