How do I get accounts to update automatically when i open Quicken?

How do I get accounts to update automatically when i open Quicken?

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Hi mileska817
    From information found in the Help for Quicken, it does not look like you can initiate an automatic update when you just open Quicken, but can schedule per the following:

You can go to Tools > Schedule Updates > Select the Institutions & Select the Days to update and/or update portfolios, cloud sync, etc...
     See if that works for you.

Additional info can be found in the following article: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Schedule+when+Quicken+updates+my+account+information

Edit: update on startup? 

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a setting in Preferences which can do that for you:
    However, I recommend you allow Quicken to start normally, with your My Money page as the "On Startup open to:" view (I use a customized First Page view instead)
    Once Quicken has started, just click the "Update Accounts" icon, the one with the arrow bent into a circle in the Account Bar header, to start One Step Update.
    I found out that this way you have better control, in case you don't need to run Update again, when starting Quicken for the 2nd time in a day, or if you need to do some troubleshooting or you're flip-flopping between Quicken data files.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @UKR
    Thanks for the clarification.  One of the notes in the Help.Quicken reference I gave above implied that the "Scheduled" updates could not be run when Quicken was running. (2nd bullet point below)

Since the "Startup" instructions are not a "Scheduled Update", it does not violate the schedule problem. 

I concur with your recommended routine, that's the way I have been running it for the very reasons you listed. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
This discussion has been closed.