Quicken is not downloading my Vanguard accounts correctly

Eileen Rudden
Eileen Rudden Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I have tried to delete accounts and reinstall; I have tried rebooting machine and rebooting Quicken. Several of the accounts are correct, but one is massively incorrect. How can this be fixed?

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @Eileen Rudden,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

What version/release of Quicken are you using? (You can find that out by going to Help > About Quicken.)

How long have you been experiencing this issue?

Are you receiving a specific error code when you attempt to update your Vanguard accounts?

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • Eileen Rudden
    Eileen Rudden Member ✭✭
    Thanks JV. I am running the current Windows edition, 32.12. The problem emerged several days ago when I finally decided to correct what where invalid numbers for my and my husband's Vanguard IRAs in my quicken. I deleted the accounts and reinstalled them, connecting to Vanguard. His account is now correct. I am administering his account, 3 529 accounts (not being refreshed properly) and my IRA and my brokerage account. It had seemed to me that some were roughly correct, but now Quicken is saying my account is bigger than all the others combined and has erroneous holdings.
  • Eileen Rudden
    Eileen Rudden Member ✭✭
    There are long sets of comments out on the web (Bogleheads and others) regarding problems between Vanguard and Quicken. I can use Vanguard to manage the details of the investments, but I expect a correct valuation of my investments in Quicken so I can see my net worth and make overall decisions from Quicken. Thanks for your helping me sort this out.
  • Eileen Rudden
    Eileen Rudden Member ✭✭
    I manage a number of Vanguard accounts. Several of them (my husband's IRA and the grandkids 529s) download correctly. But my accounts are getting a crazy number. I just want the total account balance to be correct. How do I get this to work??? It was fine for many years and has gone crazy in the last several months. Thanks for your help!
  • Eileen Rudden
    Eileen Rudden Member ✭✭
    I provided the information you requested and NO ONE HAS HELPED ME!