Anyone noticing an issue with Web Connect down cc885 with Capital One 360?

"Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Room305

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. You can do this by going across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. From here see if you're able to add your accounts.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Room305
    Room305 Member ✭✭
    unforunately ddi a scratch cap one checking account and tried to import a qfx file to include past transactions and get the same web Connect error. The same issue posted here https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20006172#Comment_20006172
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Room305,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

To start with, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Room305
    Room305 Member ✭✭
    Anja, It appears that on the Mac (whcih is what Im using) when I choose Capital One 360 im unable to change connection type or have it engage WebConnect it always stays as Quicken Connect. Is it a bug on Mac? Thanks for help. Followed above instructions but there was not Quicken for Capital one password int he Keychain to delete
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Room305 Thank you for the additional information.

Quicken Connect is the Mac term for Express Web Connect (the Windows term). Please, refer to this support article for more in-depth information about that.

Since the steps did not resolve the issue for you, next, I suggest creating a new (test) file and try adding the account in the test file to see if you receive the same result. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Room305
    Room305 Member ✭✭
    So in the end I fixed my PC and was able to Web Connect properly with Win 10. Unfortunately I never could upload the QFX file for Capital One on the Mac/High Sierra 10.13.6. Im not sure if anyone else encountered this but wanted to note my feedback. Thanks and can close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.