Alliant Credit Union - Invalid Credentials

I am getting repeated issues when I try to download transactions from Alliant Credit Union. It says my login credentials are invalid when they are perfectly valid.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @cwiener,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    I've been struggling to get Quicken for Max to connect (and connect on subsequent updates) to Alliant Credit Union for over a year. As the OP is also experiencing, I could connect with the correct credentials, and then several days later trying to update would result in "INVALID_CREDENTIALS" error, although the credentials were 100% correct.

After several hours with different levels of support, we tried removing the Alliant entries in OS X's Keychain Access. I'm happy to report that multiple days later I've not (yet) had any issues connecting subsequently to Alliant Credit Union. There's probably some order that it has to happen in, but right now I can connect just fine and there are no Keychain Access entries for Alliant Credit Union.
  • SeattleSummer76
    Update from the above: it didn't work. After a few days more of having deleted the Alliant Credit Union entries from OS X's Keychain Access, the same "INVALID_CREDENTIALS" error is coming up.

After spending hours on this and working with Quicken support, I'm convinced this is a Quicken bug and needs to be fixed by development.
  • JetsetTX
    JetsetTX Member
    > @cwiener said:
    > I am getting repeated issues when I try to download transactions from Alliant Credit Union. It says my login credentials are invalid when they are perfectly valid.

I just tried something that worked, at least for now. I went to one of my Alliant CU Accounts in Quicken, clicked Settings, and under Downloads clicked "Reset Connection." It worked! Finally downloaded my transactions after weeks of not being able to and it freezing when I tried to enter the "correct credentials" when they were correct all along.
  • bfrank
    bfrank Member ✭✭
    I have been having trouble for over a year with connecting to Alliant Credit Union....every 3-4 weeks I have had to clear my keychain, turn off downloads and re-setup the accounts.

I just tried JetsetTX's suggestion (Thanks!) and it worked!  It will be interesting to see how long it lasts for.  It is a bit quicker to click "Reset Connection" than my previous method.
  • SeattleSummer76
    edited April 2021
    Sadly, this is not a fix. Alliant Credit Union has admitted they are actively blocking customers from accessing their accounts at certain points throughout the day (although admittedly I've also found that sometimes resetting the credentials can bypass the block). I highly recommend you read the second half of this post that explains what's going on: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882104/download-from-alliant-credit-union-not-working/p2

Having spend 24+ hours working on this issue, I've ended up just having to "Reset Connection" every time I want to download new updates. It's better than trying to find another 2.5% cash back credit card.
This discussion has been closed.