ConnectYourCare HSA - can't add account

On multiple attempts over the past week I get "Oops. We're having a problem." when I attempt to add my ConnectYourCare HSA account. I'm prompted twice to enter verification codes (which I do receive from ConnectYourCare) but adding the account ultimately fails. Quicken Deluxe R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10 Windows 10 Enterprise.
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Have you been successful in setting up your HSA in Quicken previously?  If so, have you tried logging into your online account lately?  When I looked at the login page, I noticed a popup regarding an updated privacy policy that needs to be agreed to before logging in can be completed.  Popups like this have been known to prevent Quicken from connecting.  If you get the popup, accept the new privacy policy and then try setting up ConnectYourCare (CYC) in Quicken, again.  It's a long shot but it's probably worth a try.
    If this is your first time trying to set up your CYC HSA in Quicken, you should know that many Financial Institutions (FIs) that do support Quicken do not support Quicken for all of their financial products.  The FI List shows that CYC supports Quicken's Web Connect (WC) and Express Web Connect (EWC) with Banking and Credit accounts.  I suggest you log into your online HSA account and look to see if you have capability to download your account transactions in "Quicken", "Quickbooks" or QFX format. 
    • If CYC does give you the option to download in this format:  Try downloading in this format (this is WC) and importing it into Quicken.  (If you already have your HSA account set up in Quicken as a manual account, be sure to link the imported data to it when Quicken prompts you otherwise Quicken will set up a new account in Quicken for it.)  Once the WC connection is established in Quicken you should see a link on your Online Services tab of Account Details that says an improved connection method (EWC) is available.  Click on that link and you will be taken through the process of setting it up.  
    • If CYC does not give you the option to download in this format:  Then CYC likely does not support Quicken for your type of HSA account.  In this case, you will be able to manage your HSA account in Quicken manually but not with downloading via One Step Update.
    If CYC does not support Quicken for your HSA, there is another way to download data into Quicken that might work for you.  If CYC allows you to download in QIF, CSV or Excel format, you could try using the free program at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ to convert the file so it can be imported into Quicken.   (This program was developed by a guy who is a longtime Quicken user and who is one of the more prolific contributors in this Community forum.  I have not used the program myself but many who have used it say it is pretty easy to use and it works well.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you getting "Oops, something went wrong"?
    Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

• ab0qkn
    ab0qkn Member
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Have you been successful in setting up your HSA in Quicken previously? 

It's never worked for me.

> If so, have you tried logging into your online account lately? 

I am able to log in via a web browser.

I will look to see if there's a download option as you suggested below.

I tried again today, and noticed one possibly interesting detail -- when I try to add the account in Quicken, I'm told two times that Quicken is "Looking for your accounts at ConnectYourCare", and am prompted two times to receive a 2FA ID code (and given the choice where to send it each time). Two separate codes are generated and texted to me. So Quicken is talking to ConnectYourCare, it's getting the phone number for the ID code from CYC, etc. Yet the end result is that I get the "Oops, something went wrong" message.
  • Boatnmaniac
    ab0qkn said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Have you been successful in setting up your HSA in Quicken previously? 

It's never worked for me.

> If so, have you tried logging into your online account lately? 

I am able to log in via a web browser.

I will look to see if there's a download option as you suggested below.

I tried again today, and noticed one possibly interesting detail -- when I try to add the account in Quicken, I'm told two times that Quicken is "Looking for your accounts at ConnectYourCare", and am prompted two times to receive a 2FA ID code (and given the choice where to send it each time). Two separate codes are generated and texted to me. So Quicken is talking to ConnectYourCare, it's getting the phone number for the ID code from CYC, etc. Yet the end result is that I get the "Oops, something went wrong" message.
    OK, this all seems to rule out that the issue you are experiencing is a connection issue because Quicken is communicating with CYC, just not getting the HSA to download. 
    Have you checked, yet, to see if you can download your HSA data from your online account into Quicken?

• xcaggie08
    xcaggie08 Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same issue with CYC HSA account as described by ab0qkn.  I logged in to my online account page through CYC and couldn't find any way to download the HSA data as Boatnmaniac suggested.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2021
    @xcaggie08 - As I'd mentioned above, if you cannot set up CYC to download your HSA account with OSU and if the HSA account cannot be manually downloaded from the website in QFX (might also be called "Quicken" or "Quickbooks") format, then it confirms that CYC HSAs do not support Quicken. 
    You then maybe have one other option for downloading your HSA data from CYC:

If CYC does not support Quicken for your HSA, there is another way to download data into Quicken that might work for you.  If CYC allows you to download in QIF, CSV or Excel format, you could try using the free program at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ to convert the file so it can be imported into Quicken.   (This program was developed by a guy who is a longtime Quicken user and who is one of the more prolific contributors in this Community forum.  I have not used the program myself but many who have used it say it is pretty easy to use and it works well.)
    If this last option is not available to you or does not work, then your only Quicken option is to manually set up and manage your HSA account.