Deleting old data files

yuriw
yuriw Windows Beta Beta
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
Hello

When I open QW app on iPhone I am presented with the screen to select a data file.  And I have 8 of old data files.  How can I delete/clean up those files so they are not shown (associated with my account) ?

Hope it's possible.

Thx

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @yuriw

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. You should be able to do so inside of your Quicken program so that you're not seeing as many. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've had a chance to try let us know if this helps you fix the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta
    @Quicken Francisco  Thanks for the reply.

I saw that post before.
    My problem is that I see no Edit dateset option when looking at preferences. 
    But I see several datasets when logging in into the iPhone app.
    Can you pint me how to deal with this?

Thx

• Quicken Francisco
    @yuriw

Thanks for the update. Does any information pop up in that specific area when you open to it? If not could you let me know what exactly you're able to see. Additionally a screenshot would also help but you'll want to make sure to blur out any personal information before uploading it. I'll leave an article down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may also need to drag the photo into the response box in order to add it.

Once you've had the chance let us know more and we'll see what to do next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta
    @Quicken Francisco

Please see attached

• yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta
    @Quicken Francisco
    I wonder if you could clean it up from the backed ?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @yuriw

Thanks for the update. We've gone through your datasets and deleted all of them. Now we'll want to remake the dataset on your main file you're using. To do this make sure you have the selected file open. From there we'll want to sign out and back into Quicken. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Next once you're signed back in make sure to sync again. You can do this by going to the mobile & web tab and selecting sync now. Lastly check to see if your phone now only has one active dataset to see.

Once you've done this let us know if this fixes the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta
    @Quicken Francisco

Thx I can confirm that I no datasets now!

I will sync my main data file later.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @yuriw

Thanks for letting me know! If you do run into any further issues please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.