show sidebar

phowens
phowens Member
my sidebar disappeared

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click the little arrowhead right next to the word "Accounts" and the Account Bar will re-appear.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Click the symbol at the top of the collapsed sidebar circled in red below.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • phowens
    phowens Member
    I'm using Quicken for Mac. I've always had a sidebar but it disappeared today and I can't figure out how to get it back. Help is no help!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Sorry, I frequently overlook the Windows/Mac distinction and did so here.  Somebody who actually uses the Mac version will get this set to right, I'm sure.  ADDED: In fact that's already happened.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Did my answer above not help? Are you using current subscription QMac? Your profile says you are using QMac 2017. If that's the case, then my answer above does not apply; the sidebar in QM2017 is not collapsable.

Another thought: do you see the three colored window control buttons at the top left of your main window? If not, you may have inadvertently dragged the window to the left off the edge of the screen. Grab the top of it to drag the sidebar back in view.

Yet another thought: If you double clicked an account in the sidebar, it will open in a new window. If that's the case, it may be overlying your main window and thus hiding the sidebar. If that's the case, close the 2nd window (Command-W). Check the Window menu. You should see the name of your Quicken file. That's the main window, also triggered by Command-1. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • phowens
    phowens Member
    I closed quicken and reopened and there it was. Thanks for you're help...Phil
This discussion has been closed.