Two step authentication/verification process - Star Tech FCU

steelcity79
steelcity79 Member ✭✭
Quicken does not prompt me for the two-step verification process, it simply takes me through and tells me my username or password is incorrect. Then my bank sends me a verification code to enter into quicken, (which tells me my credentials are correct)but I cannot since I'm not being prompted. And I am not able to remove the two-step verification process with my bank. It's mandatory. I'm using Quicken Premier for Mac

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the name of the bank you're having problems with?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I can tell you that the 2-factor process does work for at least some banks. As UKR mentions, if you will name the bank, you may be able to get an idea if any others have had success or failure with that particular bank. 

Another option would be to contact Quicken Support by phone so they can screen share with you and see live what is going on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • steelcity79
    steelcity79 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > What's the name of the bank you're having problems with?

My Banks name is Star Tech FCU
  • steelcity79
    steelcity79 Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > I can tell you that the 2-factor process does work for at least some banks. As UKR mentions, if you will name the bank, you may be able to get an idea if any others have had success or failure with that particular bank. 
    >
    > Another option would be to contact Quicken Support by phone so they can screen share with you and see live what is going on.

Thanks. I did that. And they tell me my bank needs to disable the two step, and then I call my bank and they tell me Quicken needs to disable it.
  • RickO
    This is a long shot, but I'm going to suggest that you change your password on the bank's website to something with just letters and numbers. Then try Quicken again. Who knows, it may reset the process. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions unless someone comes along with experience with that FCU.
  • steelcity79
    steelcity79 Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > This is a long shot, but I'm going to suggest that you change your password on the bank's website to something with just letters and numbers. Then try Quicken again. Who knows, it may reset the process. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions unless someone comes along with experience with that FCU.

Thank you. I did, and no go. My bank requires letters, numbers, capitalization, and a special character. Thanks for your efforts though, much appreciated.
  • RickO
    I should have mentioned the reason I suggested no special characters: I recall some posts that have indicated problems with certain special characters or very long passwords for some banks with Quicken, even though those passwords work on the bank's website. Unfortunately, I don't remember the details. You may find something with a search here in the community. Or perhaps someone will pop in to this conversation who remembers the details better than I.
  • steelcity79
    steelcity79 Member ✭✭
    Ok. Good points. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.