I am trying to setup & sync my Accounts on my Mac to my iPad & iPhone

soconnor
soconnor Member ✭✭
The instructions say to click on the Alerts tab at the top right beside Home Reports Budgets Bills & Income Calenders. I have all those but no Alerts tab. I have the latest version of Quicken 6.1.1

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @soconnor

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look at the article and noticed it seemed to be a bit different than it would normally be. You can turn on the mobile sync by going across the top of your Quicken to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts to make sure sync is toggled on. 

Once you've done so you'll want to make sure you've synced to the cloud.

1. Go to Accounts menu > Sync to Mobile or
    2. Click the circular arrow above your account list to Update Online Accounts.
    3. Go to your mobile app and sign in with your Quicken ID.
    4. Swipe down on the Mobile App home screen. All the data from the cloud is then downloaded to your mobile device.

Let us know if this helps you out! If you run into any issues please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @soconnor

Thanks for the update. That's interesting this is happening on the mobile side. I'm wondering here if we might just need to sign out and in of the mobile application for it to connect. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 
    Once you've tried this see if we're still having the same issue. If we are let us know so we can look again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @soconnor

Thanks for the update. You should be able to see the transaction list in the mobile app by clicking on banking and credit then the specified account or if you'd like all transactions after you click on banking and credit section click all transactions at the top under the balance. Graphs and budgets are not changeable as they're part of the mobile app but you are able to access your bank transactions without them. 

It sounds like we might just need to unsync the accounts on the desktop then resync them afterwards. You can do this by going into the program and selecting Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts. Once you've done so  see if the accounts are checkmarked off. If they are undo the accounts then complete a sync. After doing the sync turn the accounts back on and perform another sync.

This should get all of your accounts back up and running. Let us know if this helps you out. If you have any issues please let us know.

Thanks.
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @soconnor

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look at the article and noticed it seemed to be a bit different than it would normally be. You can turn on the mobile sync by going across the top of your Quicken to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts to make sure sync is toggled on. 

Once you've done so you'll want to make sure you've synced to the cloud.

1. Go to Accounts menu > Sync to Mobile or
    2. Click the circular arrow above your account list to Update Online Accounts.
    3. Go to your mobile app and sign in with your Quicken ID.
    4. Swipe down on the Mobile App home screen. All the data from the cloud is then downloaded to your mobile device.

Let us know if this helps you out! If you run into any issues please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• soconnor
    soconnor Member ✭✭
    thanks Francisco, that was very helpful and data was downloaded to my mobile device however, when I entered a transaction on my mobile device I received a message saying "Transaction Update Failed-Can't connect to server"....any trouble shooting tips for that ?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @soconnor

Thanks for the update. That's interesting this is happening on the mobile side. I'm wondering here if we might just need to sign out and in of the mobile application for it to connect. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 
    Once you've tried this see if we're still having the same issue. If we are let us know so we can look again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • soconnor
    soconnor Member ✭✭
    that worked thanks Francisco ! while I have you, is there a way to view all entered transactions in an account on a mobile device like you can on a desktop and change the settings for what you can view on the mobile device ie only account registers instead of Budgets, Graphs etc ?
  • soconnor
    soconnor Member ✭✭
    also, only my checking account is showing on my mobile device....can you advise how to "unhide" hidden accounts so my credit card balances show as well as the checking account
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @soconnor

Thanks for the update. You should be able to see the transaction list in the mobile app by clicking on banking and credit then the specified account or if you'd like all transactions after you click on banking and credit section click all transactions at the top under the balance. Graphs and budgets are not changeable as they're part of the mobile app but you are able to access your bank transactions without them. 

It sounds like we might just need to unsync the accounts on the desktop then resync them afterwards. You can do this by going into the program and selecting Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts. Once you've done so  see if the accounts are checkmarked off. If they are undo the accounts then complete a sync. After doing the sync turn the accounts back on and perform another sync.

This should get all of your accounts back up and running. Let us know if this helps you out. If you have any issues please let us know.

Thanks.
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.