Reconcile Account to paper statement rather than online statement

Options
w.g. frankenberg
w.g. frankenberg Member ✭✭
I'm using Quicken 2017 for Mac. When I attempt to reconcile an account to a paper statement from bank, Quicken will allow ONLY reconcile to online balance. This is a recent problem - worked OK for past several years until now.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Considering that Quicken 2017 hasn't been updated this year, I don't think it's a program problem.

When you click on reconcile, what is the first screen you see? It should be this one, which gives you the choice of reconciling to an online balance or statement balance:

If you are seeing "Reconcile to an online balance" at the top of the screen like this…

…then click the gray Back button to return to the first screen above, where you can select to Use Statement Balance. (Yes, it was terrible interface design to make the "Back" button gray, so it looks like it's an inactive element which can't be clicked!)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • w.g. frankenberg
    Options
    I've tried your suggestion several times; however, Quicken always ignore my manually entered statement balance and enters a false value
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I've tried your suggestion several times; however, Quicken always ignore my manually entered statement balance and enters a false value
    On which screen? Which value is false?

Are you saying you click the radio button to "Use Statement Balance" on the first of the screens above, enter a Statement Ending Balance, click Next, and the Statement Balance on the second screen is not what you entered? 

Or are you saying you click the radio button to "Use Statement Balance," and the "Starting / Prior Balance" value is not what you believe should be the starting balance?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.