Mobile App: Non-Tickered Fund Reported as $1/share ...

Options
apbuys
apbuys Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I am invested in an employer fund that does not have a ticker symbol. In the [Windows] Desktop Quicken app, it is properly tracking the historical price-per-share based on my bi-weekly investments where I am manually recording how many shares I received and at what price.

For example: Say I have accumulated 25 shares to-date and the last price a buy was made on my behalf for this fund was $40.

So, in my Desktop app, the account with this investment shows a value of $1,000 - which is correct.

But, in the [iPhone] Mobile app, the synchronized value shows up as $25 because there is no method for that "fund" to get its latest price-per-share from anywhere on the web. The only place tracking that fund's value is the Desktop app.

Is there any way to define the app's price-per-share for THIS one fund to come from the last time it was synch'd with my Desktop app?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @apbuys

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

There are no additional settings that can be accessed to make this change on the mobile app. We will need to continue troubleshooting to isolate the cause.  Is it possible that there are two of this security in the security list?

Are you using the Windows or Mac desktop program? The troubleshooting steps will differ between the two.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • apbuys
    apbuys Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Tyka.

I think the issue is that the Quicken mobile app (iPhone) tracks my investments by Ticker and Quantity. That way, when I am on the road and haven't made any changes to my holding in Quicken on Windows desktop, I can get the latest values of all of my holdings based on that day's movement in the Market.

But, this one fund - that does NOT have a ticker symbol - only has its historical prices from every bi-weekly "buy" into my company's particular fund. So, on Windows, I see the current value of that particular account because it's tracking my transactions and recording the price-per-share based on each transaction's price-per-share.

Somehow, it would be nice if you can "tag" a fund that does not have a Ticker symbol to synchronize it's latest value (price-per-share) from the Synch to Mobile. Moreover, when I log into my company's page to see how things are doing, if there is a change in value, it'd be nice if I could update the price-per-share (without a purchase transaction) manually when I feel like it.

Does that make better sense?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @apbuys

Thank you for the response and the clarification. I would recommend submitting feedback to the Mobile Development team. This can be found in the mobile app in the menu under  "Feedback."

Alternatively, the Mobile Development team may also be emailed at mobilefeedback@quicken.com. This may not receive a direct response but the information will be used for research and investigative purposes.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • apbuys
    apbuys Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am happy to report that I noticed the Quicken app on my iPhone now reports the number of shares AND the latest known price-per-share for this non-trackable investment. Not sure who fixed it, but thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.