Syncing Issues [Edited]

DracoC77
DracoC77 Member
Have been a quicken user for 10+ years now and in the past year or two, the updates have consistently messed with / broken my historical transactions. Two updates ago I had issues reconciling and troubleshoot to figure out that somehow a historical transaction that I had already reconciled was now different?!?

Now with the latest update, I'm having the same problem again on multiple reconciled accounts. Going back 2+ years trying to find where the corrupted transaction was hasn't worked (I know this is an update problem because there's no way I've reconciled wrong the past TWO years).

About to try reverting to a backup and seeing if that will fix it. Quicken please QA your releases better.... spending hours to redo transaction or finding your errors is NOT what I am not forced to pay annually for....

I'm pretty close to closing the chapter on this declining quality / increasing cost software and switching to an alternative!

Comments

• DracoC77
    DracoC77 Member
    UPDATE: Opening an older backup with already updated Quicken seems to have made the problem go away but now I need to reconstruct months of transactions (thanks Quiken team :#). Whatever the updater is doing to the QDF files seems to be corrupting them.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • DracoC77
    DracoC77 Member
    Haha thanks, I've been agressively keeping the cloud account sync feature OFF as when they introduced the feature, the syncing also corrupted all of my historical transaction info as well. It looks like it got turned back on somehow with each update? Ugh...

I followed the instructions to delete the cloud dataset just as an extra precaution (it says it hasn't been updated since 2019 so I don't think that's what really corrupted my info this time around).
This discussion has been closed.