Chase Checking Transactions Stopped Downloading

Options
Online updates for my bank account at Chase stopped working and has not auto-reconcilled since February. I've reset the account multiple times, and deactivated and reactivated it. I get no reported errors and the online balance shows correctly in the manual Reconcile screen. A prior similar Question was closed with advice to use Direct Connect vs. Express Web, but I already use Direct Connect as the method. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @David Lafferty

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Note you'll want to make sure you select direct connect. You can do this by clicking advanced options in the sign in screen. 

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• lliuphx
    lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am using version R32.12.
    I have tried deactivating my Discover online connection and reactivating it. I don't see any way to select "Direct Connect" for online connection. All of my accounts are using Express Web Connect, Reason that I'm asking is that some transactions don't seem to be downloading.
  • David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help! Completed, did not solve the matter.

>
    >  https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows -----Completed all steps. TestFile CORRECTLY downloaded all Chase transactions, including the ones missing from my main file. Returned to my main file, proceeded to Validate as recommended. Several Validation issues, none related to the Chase Checking account. Updated Chase again on post-validate file, missing transactions still did NOT download. But, I'll keep the new file active since it is presumably cleaner.
    >
    > Note you'll want to make sure you select direct connect. You can do this by clicking advanced options in the sign in screen.  ------ Chase is listed as "Direct Connect" already.
    >
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @David Lafferty

Thanks for the update. It sounds like we may need to revalidate the main files downloads. I'll leave steps down below that will help us doing so in the main file.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've done this let us know if you're able to get your main file back up and running. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    Options
    For clarity, do you mean for me to disconnect all Chase accounts (3), or ALL accounts at ALL institutions (28)?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @David Lafferty

You'll want to disconnect all your Chase accounts. That way the connection to chase is broken so we're able to make a new one.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have completed this instruction set, disabling all 3 Chase accounts and then reactivating them. I see no improvement. Both credit cards update fine, but the checking account is still not pulling in new transactions or clearing existing manually-entered ones. Just at the end of the process I did get a warning - not sure if it's related to this problem. Screen attached with text "The referenced resource (parameter=id, id=269585749251667968) has been deleted."
  • LarsCederquist
    LarsCederquist Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. I as I was "poking around" looking for a solution, I thought I saw where I needed to up date my iMac OS to Big Sur ... which my older iMac will not support. So I am stuck I think.
  • David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    Options
    The problem was apparently resolved on the Quicken side as it is now resolved with no action on my part.
This discussion has been closed.