Why does Quicken not download todays account balance? [edited]

Why does [removed - no soliciting] download todays account balance and Quicken does not.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    what bank or brokerage or holdings ?
    And do you have Quicken setup with an Account for this un-named item -
    AND have downloaded either via One Step Update or manually ?
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product are you running?  Because Q DOES download balances and holding from ALMOST ALL brokerages.
    Except, Q Starter doesn't support investment accounts.  You'd need at least Q Deluxe.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ATKuruda
    ATKuruda Member
    My bank is Chase Manhatton Bank and this happens with Quicken for Windows and the Mac and Quicken is up to date.
  • ATKuruda
    ATKuruda Member
    Incidentally I have been using Quicken ever since Quicken began.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    ATKuruda said:
    My bank is Chase Manhatton Bank and this happens with Quicken for Windows and the Mac and Quicken is up to date.
    tnx for the update -
    What Version and Release ....  --> Help --> About Quicken
    Are you running the MAC version or the Windows version - OR - the Windows version on a Mac ?
    All of our Chase checking accounts run fine..... and the Online Balance is always there at the bottom of the Quicken Register
    Are you using Quicken One Step Update to download your Chase transactions ?
    Here is our Chase biz account -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND, are you talking about Investment type accounts, or banking type accounts?

• ATKuruda
    ATKuruda Member
    None of the comments answered my question.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATKuruda said:
    None of the comments answered my question.
     You haven't answered OUR questions about what type of account.
    And @Ps56k2's reply showed you that Q DOES INDEED download today's balances.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we are done here....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But @ATKuruda is not all that wrong.  Most of my EWC FIs download data only from the previous day.  I'm assuming that is because the EWC data scrapes occur at night reflecting the prior day ending balance and posted transactions.  I have only 2 EWC accounts that download the current day data and with both of those I cannot reconcile to the online balance until the following day..
    I've also noticed that one of my DC FIs (BBVA USA) now downloads only the end of day account balance and posted transactions data from the previous day.  It used to be that whenever I would run OSU with BBVA I would get the current balance and cleared transactions.  But about 1-1/2 yrs ago they updated their system and now I never get the current day's balance and transactions...it is always whatever was in their system after close of business from the day before.  It's almost like they took their own once-a-day snapshot for use with Quicken DC and that's what gets downloaded now.  It's no longer not much different from EWC except that it is still much faster than EWC and it still does have 2-way communications so I can use DC bill pay with them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But @ATKuruda is not all that wrong.  Most of my EWC FIs download data only from the previous day.
    but... without any real discussion from @ATKuruda, like in your posting - it's just someone passing in the night
    [EDIT] - and I re-edited the topic title from whomever did it - and deleted the typo - a double "does'

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    But @ATKuruda is not all that wrong.  Most of my EWC FIs download data only from the previous day.
    but... without any real discussion from @ATKuruda, like in your posting - it's just someone passing in the night
    [EDIT] - and I re-edited the topic title from whomever did it - and deleted the typo - a double "does'

I agree that @ATKuruda needs to answer questions and provide response if expecting to get assistance.  My earlier post in this thread was only to support the assertion that Quicken does not always (and at least in my case often does not) download the current day's balances and posted transactions.  The data that is downloaded during OSU, especially with EWC accounts, is often 12-24 hours out of date.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in the case of Chase - which the OP uses - they offer -... all 3 modes of downloading support
    10898    10898    10898    Chase    https://www.chase.com/    1-877-242-7372    https://secure01c.chase.com    ACTIVE   
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT   
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10