OL-220-A For Edward Jones Accounts

tbf47
tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
I have spoken with an I.T. person at Edward Jones. She said everything was ok as far as Edward Jones was concerned. I was told I should contact Quicken about this problem. The information posted from Quicken says to contact the financial company. I have reached out to Quicken but have not received an response. Has anyone worked through this ? If so, please let me know what to do or who focus my efforts on. Thank you Anthony

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The OL-220-A error with Edward Jones is an on again / off again error.  Retry the download when it fails.  I have not had recently take more than 3 retries before it succeeds.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I lean toward it being an EJ issue, but since Quicken is involved, who knows.  I have never found out for sure how EJ decides a user is who they are since they implemented their new security last year ( supposedly an IP address based solution), so it could be something as simple as Windows / AV software blowing away something like a cookie.

• tjbartolomei2
    tjbartolomei2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've found that when I encounter this error, I log onto the EJ site, wait 5 mins or so, and then attempt the one-step update and usually that seems to work for me.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The OL-220-A error with Edward Jones is an on again / off again error.  Retry the download when it fails.  I have not had recently take more than 3 retries before it succeeds.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Splasher, Thanks for the response. Any idea of whether this is a Edward Jones or Quicken problem?

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I lean toward it being an EJ issue, but since Quicken is involved, who knows.  I have never found out for sure how EJ decides a user is who they are since they implemented their new security last year ( supposedly an IP address based solution), so it could be something as simple as Windows / AV software blowing away something like a cookie.

• tjbartolomei2
    tjbartolomei2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've found that when I encounter this error, I log onto the EJ site, wait 5 mins or so, and then attempt the one-step update and usually that seems to work for me.
This discussion has been closed.