Set up transaction download with some, but not all, accounts?

mrooney
mrooney Mac Beta Beta
I set up some of our most active accounts for transaction download, but not all accounts. I cannot find a way either through the menus or help files to get Quicken to sync the setup files. Is the only way to make it work to have to set up all accounts?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hello @mrooney

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information here, for enabling an account for transaction download.

Please let me know if these steps answer your question!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka your "here" link doesn't do anything.

@mrooney have you tried to start One Step Update?
    This icon or Ctrl+1

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris_QPW

Thank you for the tag, the link has now been updated!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mrooney
    mrooney Mac Beta Beta
    Hi Quicken_Tyka,

I do not see the Accounts window the way you displayed it. I believe that is a windows Quicken window. I am using the Mac version. Sorry, I did not make that clear from the beginning. 

Regards,
    ..michael..
  • mrooney
    mrooney Mac Beta Beta
    In case you are wondering, the use case for downloading some transactions for some accounts instead of all accounts is some accounts are closed, some accounts do not have relationships with Quicken, etc.

Regards,
    ..michael..
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrooney said:
    Hi Quicken_Tyka,

I do not see the Accounts window the way you displayed it. I believe that is a windows Quicken window. I am using the Mac version. Sorry, I did not make that clear from the beginning. 

Regards,
    ..michael..

Please note for future reference:
    Answers are given based on the Category you selected when you started this discussion. You selected "All things Canadian (Windows)" when you should have selected an appropriate Mac category instead. I just asked a Moderator to recategorize this discussion.
  • mrooney
    mrooney Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for the info @UKR. Interesting that my post ended up as "All things Canadian (Windows)" when I did not select that. Perhaps the system defaulted to "All things Canadian (Windows)" though and I did not notice it. I cannot tell right now as the moderator changed what it was to "HOME› QUICKEN FOR MAC› DOWNLOAD, ADD/UPDATE ACCOUNTS (MAC)." I will have to check my other open issues. 

I still cannot get Quicken 6.2 Mac to let me sync some of my accounts instead of all of them. The only time I am able to sync one account is when I set an account up for download and it goes through the verification process. 

Am I missing something in the menu choices? It used to be possible by selecting an account and then using the menu choice for syncing the selected account. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For accounts which use Direct Connect, all accounts with the same bank are updated together. (You're connecting to the financial institution's server; once you log in, it downloads whatever it has for you.) For accounts which use Quicken Connect, all accounts download at once. (You're reconnecting to Quicken's aggregation server, which has already logged into all your accounts and downloaded transactions from various institutions.) None of this is new behavior; it's the way this generation of Quicken Mac has always worked.

If accounts are closed, though, you should go to the account settings and disable them from downloading. If accounts aren't supported by Quicken, well, there's nothing set up to download. No such accounts can be downloading anything. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.