The calculator demon has returned - - how do I clear calculator ?

Had same issue month ago. Responses said hit Escape key. Escape key no longer clears calculator in numerical columns.
Running current version Quicken Deluxe on Win 10

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sderonde

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running? This can help to determine if an issue is related to a specific release.

What type of account is this issue occurring in? Does this happen in every account or just some? The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• sderonde
    sderonde Member ✭✭
    Tyka - I am running Quicken Deluxe Version R32.12 Build 27.1.23.12. I've been a Quicken user since 1997 and there are over 15,000 entries. The calculator shows up & cannot be cleared in all numerical entry columns in all accounts. When I hit the Escape key, the entire entry is deleted and when you re-enter the calculator shows up again. The only way to use Quicken at this point is to enter the desired value in the calculator, do 0+ to get the desired value
  • sderonde
    sderonde Member ✭✭
    UKR - Yes I've re-booted Windows since the last software update - - computer running
    quicken is shut down every night. I'm going to set aside some time over next couple of evenings to go through the Troubleshooting procedure.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering what's going on here ...
    Are you concerned about the little calculator button at the right edge of the amount field?
    Or is the mini calculator popping up when you mouse-select the amount field?
    Are you double-clicking near the right edge of the amount field, where the calculator button appears when selecting the field? That's the only way I can think of, to make the mini calculator appear every time I select an amount field in an existing transaction: the first click selects the field, the 2nd click presses the calculator button.
    If that's not it, please describe in detail, keystroke by keystroke, how you get into this situation.

• sderonde
    sderonde Member ✭✭
    UKR - - I started into Troubleshooting 101 before I saw this. Downloaded/installed the Mondo Patch and that has cleared the "stuck" calculator issue that I experienced. Maybe something got corrupted in the Quicken software.