Error CC-501 When Trying to Add USAA Federal Savings Bank to Mobile & Web

Hi,

Several weeks ago, many of us had a problem with USAA Federal Savings Bank; you quickly resolved the problem for Quicken for Windows and am very impressed with the speed with which you did so.

Having said that, however, it's been over 3 weeks and I still get the same error, CC-501, whenever I try to add my USAA account back into Quicken for the Web and Quicken Mobile App. BTW, I followed you fix instructions to the T when the problem was occurring with Quicken for Windows.

Any idea when this problem is to be resolved?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 24 Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for your patience while our teams worked on finding a solution for this issue, though we apologize for the delay.

In order to resolve this issue please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Please visit https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/enroll and Sign-in. 
    2. Accept the terms and click ALLOW.
    3. Run a One Step Update on your Quicken Software
    4. Sync to mobile and accounts should now update

If the accounts are still not updating on the mobile app, please contact Quicken Support directly for Tier 2 assistance.

Please click here to review Quicken Supports hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @ARsnic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This error is being caused by USAA's new servers blocking access to our Mobile and Web Cloud sync which is why the connection is currently unavailable. 

Our teams are aware of this issue and are still working with USAA to set up the Mobile/Web connections for the new USAA instance. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on when a solution will be available.

I do apologize for not having better news to share with you and for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    @ARsnic You're welcome!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja,

I am also having the exact same issue for many weeks now - finally got USAA-New interface w/Qkn desktop working perfectly, but suddenly couldn't connect Qkn desktop to Mobile/Web...but it ONLY doesn't connect for USAA accounts. Your explanation above seems to explain the current state of affairs.

Curious as to how we can know when the fix has been implemented? Do we just keep blindly trying to connect it every so often and/or keep coming back to this thread? Or is there a way to be proactively notified?

Thank you...
  • ambosmommy
    ambosmommy Member
    edited March 6
    [Removed - Rant]
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Please notify when corrected.
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    Any updates, Really need the mobile app & web access, Please!! Thanks
  • DonPottenger
    DonPottenger Member
    I thought there used to be a way to get notified when a thread had a new posting. I don't see any way to do that on this page. I too would like to be notified when this issue has been fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I thought there used to be a way to get notified when a thread had a new posting. I don't see any way to do that on this page. I too would like to be notified when this issue has been fixed.
    On every page in the upper right there is a star icon.  If you select it that bookmarks it for you.  By default any thread you bookmark will send you a notification whenever it anyone posts on it.  Of course for an active thread like this, that might not be desirable.  What would be better is if one of the Moderators creates an thread in the announcement section where only they can update them and have people bookmark that and they update it when there is new information.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja, any updates? Months have gone by and no resolution. Really need this to work. Can you please update us on any progress? (Back in Feb 22)
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    edited April 24
    [Removed - Rant]
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 24 Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for your patience while our teams worked on finding a solution for this issue, though we apologize for the delay.

In order to resolve this issue please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Please visit https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/enroll and Sign-in. 
    2. Accept the terms and click ALLOW.
    3. Run a One Step Update on your Quicken Software
    4. Sync to mobile and accounts should now update

If the accounts are still not updating on the mobile app, please contact Quicken Support directly for Tier 2 assistance.

Please click here to review Quicken Supports hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    Hi. Thanks for the post. Followed it, but I still get CC-501. The one step update for the accounts in the windows app works fine. The screen for "Accounts for Mobile & Web" only has one, not two fields to enter a code or password. Not like the one step update which has 2 fields. Thanks
  • Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken Anja, It doesn't work. I chatted with support but since it's the weekend it was beyond the range of his knowledge. I'll try back Monday. My ticket was 8532743
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    OK, interesting.
    - Had Quicken desktop program open.
    - Did Qkn Anja's #1-#4 - screens looks exactly same as many weeks ago, and gave me the exact same Access ID & 6-digit Access PIN as before (makes sense, I guess).
    - Went to add a single USAA savings acct in the Qkn Web&Mobile tab, entered the 6-digit Access PIN, and this time got a new Error: CC-580 ("A connection to your financial institution could not be established. Please try again later....")
    - Closed Quicken, re-opened Quicken, re-tried to add a single USAA savings acct in the Qkn Web&Mobile tab, entered the 6-digit Access PIN, and this time got the old Error: CC-501 ("We're unable to complete your request. To download USAA account transactions into Quicken, you'll need to verify your information. Get Access ID and PIN here https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/enroll" [Which I note is the exact same as Qkn Anja's instructions above]).

So it seems *something* may be different...?

OBTW, I just happened to randomly go back to this old post today, to check for any updates on this issue before beginning to re-research Quicken alternatives in earnest (I've already turned off auto-renew on my Quicken subscription). No idea how everyone in the over 1000 views on the many posts regarding this completely unsat USAA/M&W issue are supposed to get notification if/when a fix eventually comes along - no telling how many have already bailed out and aren't looking back...

Still impatiently waiting,
    Rip-San
  • 11dp20
    11dp20 Member
    FYI: Web sync is working with USAA for me now. I had to uncheck all accounts, sync, and then re-check and re-sync. Once I did, Web sync worked fine for my USAA accounts.
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    @11dp20,

Roger that - just did as you recommended and got the same CC-580 Connection Couldn't Be Established error I had earlier.

Other things that give me hope of progress:
    - When I re-did the Anja #1-#4 steps earlier today I received an email from USAA stating that "Quicken has been connected to your USAA account." (I wasn't on email at the time, so didn't notice it real-time.)
    - Clicking the link in that USAA email shows in my USAA account under My Profile > My Profile & Preferences > Security down in the lower-right corner there's a "Connected Apps" section that lists Quicken, Last Used: 04/25/2021.

I'll hack on it more tomorrow as it's probably (hopefully) some iteration of logging in/out/checking/unchecking/syncing/restarting my computer, Quicken, & USAA...

Great that yours is up - definitely the best news in many, many weeks!

Thanks,
    Rip-San
  • Markus 1
    Markus 1 Member
    No. Sync-to-mobile still does not work. Instructions provided are same as for desktop updates. If you disagree, then please provide step-by-step instructions for sync-to-mobile that work. If this is not possible, please (Quicken) provide updated status and estimated time for a fix.
  • Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭
    So, fingers crossed. I redid the USAA fix and now it seems to work. With Regions I deactivated and reactivated and it seems to work. I was on the phone with Quicken support for two hours! Keep pressing them as I think they are doing stuff behind the scenes as we report issues.
  • Markus 1
    Markus 1 Member
    No. Sync-to-mobile still does not work. I just got off the phone with Quicken and followed their directions exactly. I sent them (Tier 2 Support) error log files twice. They claim I did not enroll with USAA but I got a confirmation email from USAA that says I am enrolled during the phone call with Quicken. Quicken should not claim they have fixed the error if it still does not work. It causes confusion and wastes time.
  • acentam
    acentam Member
    Hallelujah, Anja's steps worked for me. Have had Desktop working fine with USAA but could not clear the errors in Mobile and Cloud. Today I re-authenticed and now mobile and cloud are up to date! Whew.
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    Welp, still nojoy.

Went through about 20 iterations of Anja's steps while cycling programs on/off, logging in/out, even revoked the Quicken "Connected App" in USAA & re-did it, all still getting one of two errors.
    Initially it seemed the errors were about 50/50 between CC-580 (Connection Couldn't Be Established) and CC-501 (We're unable to complete your request). But toward the end it seemed to be all CC-501 errors.

I even tried inputting my USAA site login password in the "Account Password" field in the Mobile/Web connection screen but then I got error CC-503 Signon Invalid, so I can tell that the 6-digit PIN is the right info to use in that field. But it just doesn't...freaking...work.

Guess I'll be carving out an hour or more of time tomorrow to camp out on the phone with Quicken Tier2 Assistance...
  • Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭
    It seems that the connection with USAA in the mobile app is tenuous. I did the steps last weekend and it didn't work then I redid the USAA link and "enrolled" getting the email for the second time and then it seemed to work. However, later last week I got the "connection error" but when I swiped "fix it" it did without the zzz-USAA. Seems to be working now pretty well. Fingers crossed.
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    Following the instructions from Quicken support I unchecked the USAA accounts and now I cannot add them again as it fails with error 501. Even after following the registration instructions. The non mobile section works fine. Any suggestions Quicken?
  • C. Lewis
    C. Lewis Member
    After trying the many steps listed in this thread, I finally got USAA accounts to sync with the mobile app.

1) Unchecked all accounts from syncing with mobile/web services
    2) Deactivated Online Services for all USAA accounts
    3) Reset cloud data
    4) Initiated One Step Update
    5) Verified no accounts were listed in the mobile app
    6) Selected all non-USAA accounts I wanted to include in the mobile/web services
    7) Initiated One Step Update again and verified accounts now showing in mobile app
    8) Selected USAA accounts to include in mobile/web services (do not initiate direct connect/download yet)
    9) Initiated One Step Update again and verified USAA accounts are showing in the mobile app
    10) Go to Add Accounts and go through process of adding a USAA account including selecting the link to allow Quicken to access USAA and obtain the Access ID and Access Pin (linking to existing, ignoring or adding accounts)
    11) Run One Step Setup again and verify USAA accounts in mobile app
    12) Optional: I changed the date of my last transaction and ran One Step Update to verify change made was made to mobile app

Good luck!
  • jlvermont
    jlvermont Member ✭✭
    Thanks @CLewis for the update and inspiration. Thanks to your note, I tried YET AGAIN. My path to success ended up being a little different so I'm sharing it here as well.

TLDR; Set up online Mobile & Web *before* setting up direct connect!!

I disconnected all of the USAA accounts from any online services (e.g. in Edit Account, Online Services page).

Then I went to Mobile & Web Add or Remove Accounts to Sync and selected one of the USAA accounts. It worked! It did not ask me for any authentication so must have been still in the password vault. My guess is that the Direct Connect setup must have been messing with this.

After getting all of my USAA accounts finally (yay) syncing to cloud, I went back to one of the accounts' Edit Account/Online services page.

Linking direct connect back up:
    I clicked the Setup Now button which brought me to Activate One Step Update page where I entered the AccessId & Pin that came from USAA. (This is the special workflow that Quicken points you to to get those credentials...that is NOT your USAA.com login info). I then let it talk to USAA which then sent the list of USAA accounts that were qualified for use in Quicken and from there I linked them to the relevant existing quicken accounts. After it does the work for direct connect it automatically switches to the Accounts for Mobile & Web screen and spins for a bit while "updating accounts". (This made me nervous because it spent quite a long time doing this and I was worried it was going to mess up the online accounts again.) Eventually it crashed but when I restarted, the direct connect (downoad transactions) was working with the USAA account and all of the online accounts were still connected and workig both at app.quicken.com and in the iphone app. (Note, I have been a software developer for over 30 years. It was so frustrating to have this problem best me for so long and I'm glad to have finally conquered it!)

I hope this helps others.
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    @C. Lewis,
    You - 'da - MAN!! (Figuratively of course...) Works great (for now)!
    Visualizing Qkn Desktop as being in the middle with the USAA source "upstream" and the Qkn Mobile/Web being "downstream," in hindsight I think the keys to your successful solution are:
    - Your #2 Deactivating Online Services for all USAA accounts (erases bad legacy "upstream" links), and
    - Your #8&9 Connecting & Updating Mobile/Web to the unlinked, standalone USAA accounts in Desktop (sets up good, clean "downstream" M/W links without the ability to get confused looking upstream to the USAA source).
    With good downstream M/W links between Desktop & Online set, then direct-connecting the Desktop upstream to USAA doesn't get gummed up. At least that's what it seems/feels like to me. I only now wonder if this would have worked all along...(Dammit!)>{

All,
    Forget Anja's #1-4 & replace with C.Lewis' #1-12! A coupla notes on the successful steps:
    2) Deactivate Online Services: You've got to accept all transactions before being able to do this to an account (Doh - took a while for me).
    3) Reset Cloud Data is here: Edit> Preferences> Mobile & Web> Reset your cloud data
    4) One-Step Update: Went ahead & used the USAA 6-digit PIN, which connected & gave green lights although there was nothing to update.
    8) Selected USAA accounts for M/W: These are at the very bottom of the list, sprinkled in alphabetically with a bunch of other current & inactive accounts.
    9) One-Step Update: Takes a looooong time for all the data to transfer - 1) That's good, since it shows the downstream connection to M/W is good, but 2) that's a lot of data & I hope everything transfers correctly...!:]

Quicken,
    Please hire @C.Lewis as a consultant IMMEDIATELY, as C. has cracked the code!

Thanks again C.L!!
    (And heads-up @Markus 1)
  • Markus 1
    Markus 1 Member
    Looks like Sync-to-Mobile works now. Thank you C. Lewis and Rip-San. I followed your very clear instructions exactly and I now have my USAA accounts on my mobile device. I really appreciate your efforts. Great job.