April Quicken update and now it crashes before opening (Q Win Canada)

Catherinewheel
Catherinewheel Member ✭✭
I am running Parllels 16 on a MacBook and everything was fine before the latest quicken update in April. Now it starts to open... and immediately crashes... Does not open the data file at all. Anyone know how to fix this..

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Catherinewheel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would try opening Quicken in "Silent Mode." This will open the Quicken program without opening a data file. 

To open in silent mode, hold down the Ctrl button and double click the Quicken icon on the desktop, continuing holding down Ctrl until Quicken opens to a blank gray screen with only the File & Help menus in the top left corner.

Then navigate to File > New Quicken File, to open a blank new file. Do you still experience crashing at any point in these steps?

Please let me know the results!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Catherinewheel

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering here if the patch may have not installed properly and that's what's causing the issue you're having. One thing we can try here is to see if we're able to fix the issue by installing a mondo patch. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you've had a chance to try see if you're able to get the program up and running. If not we'll see what we can try next to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Catherinewheel
    Catherinewheel Member ✭✭
    I installed the mondo patch and everything is up and running again. Thanks!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Catherinewheel

Glad to hear it worked for you! If you do run into any other issues please let us know so we can take another look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Catherinewheel
    Catherinewheel Member ✭✭
    As a follow up the mondo patch resulted in me having Version R28.15 on my system now.
    When I click on Check Updates it says a newer release is available Quicken (Release 2021 R32.10) Should I try updating again.?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Currently R32.10 is in staged release/paused and as such isn't generally available and that is why standard patch took you back to R28.15.  If you would like to try the R32.10 patch you can download it from the link at the bottom of this announcement:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7892730/windows-canada-r32-xx-release

Or you can just wait until it is release to everyone.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Catherinewheel
    Catherinewheel Member ✭✭
    Thanks.. I think I will wait til its in wide circulation. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.