why has my quicken register changed

cabernet
cabernet Member ✭✭
after entering a split mortgage payment transaction (somethin i have done many times
i noticed my quicken register balance suddenly lost over 10 K and when checking my
beginning balance for the account which would have been in mid november , I found no beginning balance, it vanished

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @cabernet

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that your transactions would disappear I'm wondering if we might have a filter on that's causing the issue. At the top of the register when you click reset does anything change in the register? I would attempt this first. If we're still not able to see anything check if your other registers are having issues as well. 

Once you get a chance let us know if resetting the registers helped. If not we'll see what we can try next to get your file back up and running.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• cabernet
    cabernet Member ✭✭
    reset di nothing to change the checking account register and my other registers appear to be intact with beginning balances where the checking suddenly does not
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @cabernet

Thanks for the update. That is quite odd then. In this case the first thing we can try here is to load a backup to see if that helps us get the register back. I'll leave steps down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've loaded a recent backup see if the register has the same issue. From there we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• cabernet
    cabernet Member ✭✭
    i restored an April 4 backup and apparently restored the balance in the checking register but I lost 40 previous
    entered category specific transaction assignments which I had to re create
    i am running another backup today just in case but it sure is mysterious why this all happened
    I will keep you posted in the coming days as to errors if any
  • Quicken Francisco

@cabernet

Interesting. Thanks for the update. If you do see a similar thing happen again please let us know so we're able to take a look if needed!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.