OL-221 Error when importing information from my BRECO credit union

Options
blmac5
blmac5 Member
I get the following message when importing my banking information into my Quicken program; Quicken is unable to complete your request.[OL-221-A]
[OL-221-B]
This has just started within the last week. What has changed.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which Credit Union?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• blmac5
    blmac5 Member
    Options
    BRECO Federal Union in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @blmac5,

What method are you using to connect to the credit union (Direct Connect. Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?  The OL-221 error message may be an indication of a temporary problem/issue - how long have you had this problem?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    blmac5 said:
    BRECO Federal Union in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Guessing this is the entry -
    52992    52992    52992    Breco Federal Credit Union    http://www.brecofcu.com/    (225)273-1529    https://www.netit.financial-net.com/brecofcu/cgi-bin/ebs    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  
    Are you manually downloading and "importing" your transactions - "web-connect" -
    or using Quicken One Step Update - Express Web Connect
    [EDIT] - updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• blmac5
    blmac5 Member
    Options
    In the past, I have always gone to my credit union site, clicked on export transactions, either selected the transactions I wanted to export or selected a date range, selected the program or type of file exported
    (Quicken or .qfx file), click export. The file is sent to my computer, I double click the file to open it, it opens my Quicken program and exports the transactions into the program. Now when I follow the steps I get the message that I posted in my original post
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @blmac5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file or an issue within the .qfx file itself.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account, then close the add account window once the new file opens.

Once that is done, try importing the .qfx file again to see if you experience the same error in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• blmac5
    blmac5 Member
    Options
    Anja, thanks for your response to my problem, however, it seems to have resolved itself. Whenever I exported my banking transactions today, the information was imported into my Quicken program with no problems. Not sure where the issue was, but it works for now. If I occur the problem again, I will try the recommendation you suggested. Again, thanks for the assistance.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @blmac5 Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear it's working now. (:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.