WHEN I CALLED UP QUICKEN AND UPDATED MY ACCOUNTS, IT DROPPED THE TWO CHECKING ACCOUNTS FROM MY BANK.

Destiny
Destiny Member
HOW DO I GET THEM BACK?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Destiny

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Did the accounts delete themselves or do they not update. What FI are the two accounts from? If you did have an issue with updating the accounts did you receive any error message when updating?

Once you get a chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Destiny
    Destiny Member
    The accounts disappeared from the left side where accounts are listed. I could only access them through the window that comes up when you update info..there was no error message. SECU NC is my Fi
  • Destiny
    Destiny Member
    Just tried again. Still not showing an only access it through the connection status report.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2021
    If you are able to access these accounts in Quicken, but don't see them in your left sidebar, you must have them hidden in some way.

It sounds like you can see the left sidebar and other accounts, is that correct? (If the left sidebar isn't visible at all, click on the little icon directly below the red/yellow/green dots to expand the sidebar the be visible again.)

The next most likely issue is that you inadvertently collapsed one of the groups or sub-groups in the sidebar. Do you see the group heading called "Banking"? To the left of the work Banking, is there an arrow like this ">" or like this "V".

If it shows ">", that shows that the Banking group is collapsed; just click on the ">" symbol to expand it.

The same problem can occur with a sub-group under Banking -- and due to poor interface design, these are harder to recognize because the symbols are invisible unless you hover over them. If this account is a checking account, it would fall under the Cash sub-group. Do you see "Cash" in the sidebar under Banking? Are there any accounts under "Cash"? If not, it's likely this sub-group is collapsed.

Place your cursor over the word Cash, and look to the left of the text to see whether the hidden symbol is ">" or "V":

If it shows ">", as shown above, that is the culprit; click on the ">" symbol to expand the Cash sub-group to show the accounts under cash.

There is another possibility that the account are marked as "Hidden" accounts in Quicken, but that seems less likely to happen accidentally, so I'll stop here any wait to see if the tips above about the sidebar reveal the accounts you're looking for.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.