Fifth Third Bank continues to error [edited]

No!
No! Member ✭✭
What is going on between Quicken and Fifth Third Bank and why has it been more than a week since whatever problem that exists has not been corrected? It is beginning to appear that Fifth Third Bank is the problem since no other banks or financial institutions are creating any problems within Quicken. Please stop giving the canned answers that you are currently giving and provide a level of detail that allows users to assess whether to find other solutions to this unacceptable level of service. Since this is not the first time Fifth Third Bank has broken download and upload capabilities, I am wondering whether it makes more sense to just do my online banking with another bank that will provide a better level of online support?

Best Answers

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mine is now functional like it was before yesterday.  My direct connection is resolved and my four accounts were found and linked to existing accounts.  Balances are correct. :)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you have not already done so, you might want to read the following Support article which provides some troubleshooting tips:  Error Message: OL-220, OL-221, OL-222, OL-223, OL-224, OL-225, or OL-226 When Using Online Services [Support Article]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community and report the error you are experiencing with Fifth Third Bank, though we apologize for the trouble.

After further investigation and review of log files, we have found that this is a problem that stems from the financial institution's server and we ask that anyone experiencing this error please reach out to Fifth Third Bank directly first. In the image displayed below, you will find the internal error that is causing the external OL-220 error.

You can find this in your own logs by navigating to Help > Log Files > Open Connection Log [CONNLOG.TXT] > Scroll to the bottom for the most recent timestamps.

We recommend that you also provide your logs to Fifth Third Bank while contacting them to report the error for proper escalation. Meanwhile, this issue will also be reported to the proper channels on our end as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Everyone,
    The issue with getting the OL-220-A error when connecting to Fifth Third Bank seems to be with the Direct Connect method. I deactivated each of my four accounts and then set them up fresh again. I was able to connect to 53 and my accounts were found. I linked the four accounts to my existing accounts in Quicken and all of my transactions were downloaded and up to date.
    I went back and looked at the Online Services tab and each of the accounts that previously showed Direct Connect now show Web Express Connect. There was text indicating that there was an improved connection method. I went through that process to set up the improved method. Turns out that method is Direct Connect and is required to do bill pay. When I attempted to change to the Direct Connect method I received the OL-220-A error again. I have found it easier to pay bills from the 53 web site.
    So the issue seems to be with Direct Connect. If you leave the connection method at Web Express Connect everything seems fine and transactions download using One-Step Update.
    In April 2020 when a connection problem occurred, it took Fifth Third Bank a month to resolve the issue. So don't think this will be a quick fix. Hope this helps.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Perhaps your issue is related to the Alert that was posted on 9/28?:  NEW 9/28/21 Fifth/Third Direct Connect OL-332-A or Invalid Login error.  If it is and you wish to be kept updated on it, be sure to bookmark it.
    If this is not the issue you are experiencing, please provide more details, including any error message or code you are receiving.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @wdlewis60,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution will be available. However, while the investigation remains ongoing, any and all updates will be posted in this Community Alert. You can bookmark the post if you would like to be notified of updates as they become available by clicking the bookmark ribbon located at the top-right corner of the post.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @wdlewis60

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. We currently do not have an ETA when 5/3rd will have a resolution. For any updates, we recommend following the alert page for any updates and resolutions. You can follow by going across the top to the right of the title and clicking the ribbon button.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899652/new-9-28-21-fifth-third-direct-connect-ol-332-a-or-invalid-login-error#latest

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Today, I could no longer connect with one step update to my Fifth Third accounts.  Quicken program asked me if I have recently changed my 53 password which I have not.  So, I proceeded to download QFX files for my four accounts at 53 via the 53 web site.  Afterwards, Quicken was not listed as a Financial Institution that was available in the one-step update list.  I have tried to re-enable 53 direct connect but am prompted for a unique "Internet Banking ID and Password" that is NOT the same as the "login to the Fifth Third Bank Web site."
    • Your Quicken login is the same as your login to the Fifth Third Bank Web site.
    • Please use your Fifth Third Internet Banking ID and Password to access Quicken.
    Those prompts are misleading.  "Quicken login" implies the login to the Quicken program or Quicken website.  I assure you I don't use the same username and/or ID for Quicken and my banks.  I called Fifth Third and they said they have had multiple calls on this and it in not coming from their end but from Quicken.  Is anyone else having this issue?
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    This is the prompt
  • dwag
    dwag Member
    I too am unable to log into 53 Bank from Quicken. It tells me there is an error and asks if I have changed my password. I said "no" and signed in again. Same error. Went back and said "yes" to sign in again. Same error. Told me to sign in on 53 site and then sign into Quicken. Back to same error. What's up?
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    And another prompt...
  • RedWing9
    RedWing9 Member ✭✭
    Still not working at 7:18p CT
  • RedWing9
    RedWing9 Member ✭✭
    It is now reporting an OL-332-A "Your login information in Quicken is incorrect. Clicking Fix It takes me to a dialog box where I enter my CORRECT online password and it fails.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    I was able to get Express Web Connect to work but cannot get Direct Connect to work.  Be careful though.  Somehow, between the OFX download and the Express Web Connect setup, my initial balances of two of my Fifth Third accounts were changed to my current bank balance.  You will have to go to the beginning of your register to correct it.
  • Bob M
    Bob M Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issues. Out of the Blue. I deactivated and reactivated my accounts which seems tonhave worked for now. But when I look at my accounts it states "improve connection". But when I click on it I am getting the same messages as stated above that I don't have the correct signon/password.
  • ricklynchcore
    ricklynchcore Member ✭✭
    Same as above, out of the blue no direct connect
  • griffijm
    griffijm Member
    Having same issue as of 4/29/21 8:22 am
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I did the deactivate/activate steps. I can now download but my account balance is screwed up. It put an opening balance transaction in so I deleted it. My balance is still messed up even after deleting the opening balance.
  • Bonzo
    Bonzo Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Cannot update accounts. Problem began 04/29. Says password is wrong. I can log onto web site fine.
  • Bob M
    Bob M Member ✭✭
    I had the same problem with new account opening balance. In addition, when opening my accounts under "tools" and using the edit function I have now noticed that all of my account numbers and routing numbers are GONE! They have been replaced with signon information. Ugh!!
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    I am having the problem as of this morning
  • sflund
    sflund Member ✭✭
    I am also having this problem.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    > @ballgeier said:
    > Just started working again at 1:00pm today.

Same!!!
  • Lindamoto
    Lindamoto Member
    Same problem, but when I did the deactivate/reactivate, I mistakenly duplicated several accounts. The duplicated accounts will update but not the originals, and I don't know how to merge them! Any ideas?
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    It started working for me at 1:00 as well but now I am getting a new error.
  • Bonzo
    Bonzo Member ✭✭
    It's working again for me. Checked at 5:30 CDT
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mine is now functional like it was before yesterday.  My direct connection is resolved and my four accounts were found and linked to existing accounts.  Balances are correct. :)
  • glkochanek
    glkochanek Member ✭✭
    I now get an OL-220-A error when attempting to update 5/3 banking. It aways worked before. I'm running windows 10, Fifth Third is direct connect and Quicken version 34.24. I have no problem logging into the their website.
  • Roland@
    Roland@ Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. Started yesterday evening.
  • bweber8182
    bweber8182 Member
    Mine started doing this also ever since I did the latest quicken update.
  • Joe Banton
    Joe Banton Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem this starting morning (7/21/2021) before I unpadted to R34.24. Got the same failure before and after the update.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, 

We are currently seeing an increase in OL 220 errors from Fifth Third Bank. We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into it. We do not have an eta when it will be resolved. Some users have had success with following the OL 220 Article as well if you would like to attempt troubleshooting the issue. I'll leave the article down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • glkochanek
    glkochanek Member ✭✭
    Was able to update and download today.
  • wendy
    wendy Member ✭✭
    Where are the answers? All I see are questions and comments
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    wendy said:
    Where are the answers? All I see are questions and comments
    The problem solved itself, thus the “accepted answer”. 
This discussion has been closed.