Is anyone else experiencing Quicken not updating stock quotes?

I've been able to confirm across multiple stocks accounts (i.e. Charles Schwab, Fidelity), stock balances are not being updated. For example within Quicken, there's a difference of $20K between what's being reported and what's actually in the stock account. From what I've seen, now stock quotes in Quicken have been updated since 4/9/21.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ChrisD .  I am not seeing this issue stock quotes not being updated.  I just checked multiple securities across 3 different data files and all of them show prices have been updated every open market day for at least the last month, including today.   And I also confirmed that the prices in my Quicken accounts are accurate.
    Now, the investment/retirement accounts I checked are all with Fidelity so if there is an issue with another investment company I wouldn't know about that.
    Have you checked your OSU Settings to make sure that the securities in question are selected for quotes download and that quotes download is checked for OSU?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion which I went though. Unfortunately stock values are still not updating. For one account, it's off over $10K.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChrisD - So, I'm a little confused.  Stock quotes and stock holding values are two different things.  (I am assuming by "stock values" you meant "stock holding values" because of the $10K you mention and there are very few stocks that have share prices like that.)  My earlier post addressed the title of this thread which mentions that share quotes are not downloading.  So, is this really an issue with stock quotes not being downloaded or is it about something else?
    You can confirm whether or not stock prices are downloading by clicking on one of the stocks that where the value is off.  That will bring up the Security Detail View.  Click on More and Edit price history to see the price history.  If prices are shown for all recent dates then this is not an issue caused by lack of prices.  Let me know what you see here.  That will help determine what the next troubleshooting step should be.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Tony Fong
    Tony Fong Member ✭✭✭
    I just had this problem and figured out that my Windows laptop date and time were wrong. The date and time were a few days in the past. Once I reset the clock to the correct date and time, the stock quotes updated. Maybe not Chris D's problem but it was mine.
  • pleroux
    pleroux Member ✭✭
    I never had problems with stocks updating in my Watchlist for years when I pressed update. However, in the last two weeks, only half of them are updating. I've checked and tried everything. If I manually update a Bank of Commerce stock, the up arrow will show, but when I manually update the Royal Bank stock, the Commerce up arrow will disappear. Same with half my stocks. Very frustrating and nowhere to go for help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pleroux

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~