Quicken doesn't have https://www.mysynchrony.com/

Bob Osgood
Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
Synchrony has undergone a big change. My account was closed and a new card was issued to me, new ID, new Password. I disconnected account and reconnect account within Quicken, however, Quicken hasn't updated the Synchrony Credit Card website to allow communication with this new address, therefore can't connect. Please help! -Bob

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    If we look at accounts to connect to, we'll not see mysynchrony.com and that is the account I need access to.
    I think you keep missing the point of the questions that @jacobs is asking...
    Quicken has an internal file of entries that become the display for the ADD ACCOUNT.
    There will not be your "mysynchrony.com" listed - but rather the company that issues the card or the brand....
    BTW - there is no CONOCO (it has Citi MC) or UNION 76 listed ... for any entries.
    SO - for --> The third account is Conoco Credit Card, which is my Union 76 gas card.
    Can you log into the online website and see your Synchrony/Conoco/Union 76 transactions and balance ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Synchrony card?  I do not know about the Mac side of Quicken but on the Windows side there are many different links for the various Synchrony retail cards.  If you have a Synchrony retail card, try looking for the set up link for the name of that retailer.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Here's what comes up in Quicken Mac when searching for 'Synchrony':

Keep in mind that the URL shown on the right side when clicking on any of these options is the general consumer URL -- is is often not the URL Quicken uses to connect to a financial institution's servers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bob Osgood
    Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
    For all the new cards the new access website that needs to be addressed is www.mysynchrony.com What I get instead is Quicken trying to address the old website which is www.sychronlybanking/scnchronyhome. So when I enter try to connect after disconnecting, my ID & password, Quicken does not address the correct site, I get an indication that perhaps I've enter the wrong ID & Password. No, I'm sure I entered the correct credentials. Quicken tries to address a website that is no longer valid. Let's get www.mysynchrony.com into the list of addresses to access Synchrony so we can get back onboard with downloading transactions on my Mac version.
    -Bob Osgood
  • jacobs
    Bob, you didn't answer which one of the Synchrony options you're selecting in the New Account screen.

As I noted above, the URL it shows is usually not the URL Quicken is using to login. For instance, for "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards", the screen displays "https://www.synchronybank.com/banking/home" but it's actually using the URL "https://auth.synchronybank.com/account/login" to connect. Quicken's door into the bank's servers is different than the URL you use as a consumer.

Again, please answer which Synchrony card you have, and which option you're trying to use in Quicken Mac. (I have a couple Synchrony cards which work correctly with Quicken Mac.) 
  • Bob Osgood
    Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your time in helping me with this Jacobs, I appreciate it.
    Synchrony has gobled up 3 of my accounts. The least important is the Synchrony Home account. This I take care of outside of Quicken. The second account is Techron Advantage Credit Card which is my Chevron Gas Card. The third account is Conoco Credit Card, which is my Union 76 gas card.
    I've yet to establish the Techron card because I haven't yet received the credit card in the mail, due any day now. I have been able to get into Conoco online.
    It's a bit odd because when I sign onto the Conoco account online, I'm requested to select which of the three accounts I want to view. So when I come into the account I have the option of choosing any one of the three accounts.
    I hope this is helpful; and again, many thanks!
    Bob
  • jacobs
    Thanks for sharing that you have three cards which are provided by Synchrony:
    • Chevron/Techron Advantage
    • Union 76/Conoco
    • Synchrony Home
    Now, in Quicken Mac, when you click on new credit card account, what specific bank(s) have you selected and tried from the search list?
  • Bob Osgood
    Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
    Good Morning Jacobs, good question.
    SchoolsFirstFederalCreditUnion is the institution I bank with, but Quicken doesn't get involved. Perhaps it should, I consider that an additional level of automation that I may consider. Here is the series of events I typically follow.

1. Open Quicken with paper bill in hand.
    2. Request Quicken to obtain online activities.
    3. Acknowledge and/or reconciliate online downloaded information with paper statement.
    4. Log into Schools First (through my Chrome browser) and pay the bill using their (Schools First) bill pay option. Schools First pays the bill from checking account I have with them.
    5. In a few days I see (by updating account information within Quicken) the bill was paid. I reconciiate the checking account with this information at the end of the month.

I did not create a new account with Quicken, as I have an existing account dating back to 05/03/07. It's the same with Chevron/Techron Advantage which dates back to 04/17/2002.
    My primary interest is to tag on to where I left off as if no change had ever taken place.
    -Bob :)
  • jacobs
    Bob, I'm sorry, but I'm rather lost now. ;)

You were asking about how to reconnect a Synchrony credit card account, and you identified that you had three credit card accounts at Synchrony. My previous question was asking which of your three Synchrony accounts you were trying to connect to in Quicken, and which of the names in Quicken's list of available Synchrony connections you we're using. In my first screenshot above, it was for Add Account, but it's the same screen it your are trying to set up an existing account. For instance, I have a Lowe's credit card from Synchrony, and this is what I see when trying to set it up:

My question remains: if you're doing this for one of your Synchrony accounts, which one are you choosing from this list. 

Your latest reply was about how you pay your bills with Schools First Federal Credit Union; you say you don't have Quicken connected to this bank account. (Schools First FCU shows up as a supported bank in Quicken's list, but it's fine if you prefer to enter your checking account transactions manually. I'm just not sure what this has to do with the original questions about Synchrony.
  • Bob Osgood
    Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
    I apologize for any confusion, that is the last thing I want to have happen.

I want to connect to just one card for now, the card I want to connect is the Conoco card. I will, in the near future, connect the Techron Advantage card as well.

I understand your question. I am choosing the “Sychrony Bank Credit Cards” option.
  • Bob Osgood
    Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
    If we look at accounts to connect to, we'll not see mysynchrony.com and that is the account I need access to. Why is it not in the list?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    If we look at accounts to connect to, we'll not see mysynchrony.com and that is the account I need access to.
    I think you keep missing the point of the questions that @jacobs is asking...
    Quicken has an internal file of entries that become the display for the ADD ACCOUNT.
    There will not be your "mysynchrony.com" listed - but rather the company that issues the card or the brand....
    BTW - there is no CONOCO (it has Citi MC) or UNION 76 listed ... for any entries.
    SO - for --> The third account is Conoco Credit Card, which is my Union 76 gas card.
    Can you log into the online website and see your Synchrony/Conoco/Union 76 transactions and balance ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob Osgood
    Bob Osgood Member ✭✭
    Ok, I got it. I won't be able to directly address them, I get to them by using a different account that does have access to them.
This discussion has been closed.