Why doesn't Quicken provide 24/7 support?

Calls and Chats closed at night. Only Community Support is available, and that may take time and may not resolve my issue.
[Removed-Sarcastic/Inaccurate]

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Most retail software companies (even most retail businesses of any kind) do not provide 24/7 telephone and chat support and also rely on user forums to assist in helping to address questions and issues that users encounter.  It costs a lot of money to do 24/7 support which means either increasing prices or reducing profit margins, neither of which are good business propositions.  BTW, Quicken Inc. is not some big corporate conglomerate.  Per D&B they have about $100M in annual revenue and about 120 employees...in other words, a pretty small company so 24/7 support would be a pretty expensive proposition for them.
    Now, if you wish to find out if someone in this Quicken Community forum can help you address the Quicken problem you are experiencing, then post it here.  You might be surprised to find out just how much other users can be of assistance.
    Otherwise you will need to call or chat with Quicken Support during their operating hours.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Most retail software companies (even most retail businesses of any kind) do not provide 24/7 telephone and chat support and also rely on user forums to assist in helping to address questions and issues that users encounter.  It costs a lot of money to do 24/7 support which means either increasing prices or reducing profit margins, neither of which are good business propositions.  BTW, Quicken Inc. is not some big corporate conglomerate.  Per D&B they have about $100M in annual revenue and about 120 employees...in other words, a pretty small company so 24/7 support would be a pretty expensive proposition for them.
    Now, if you wish to find out if someone in this Quicken Community forum can help you address the Quicken problem you are experiencing, then post it here.  You might be surprised to find out just how much other users can be of assistance.
    Otherwise you will need to call or chat with Quicken Support during their operating hours.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • B0bG
    B0bG Member
    Points taken. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much more money would you be willing to pay for your annual subscription, if Quicken used the extra income to staff Quicken Support 24/7/365?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly it amazes me that Quicken Inc proves the support that they do.  From time to time we get comments on here like Quicken Support wasted X hours of my time (and more rarely they complement them for spend a very long time and got it fixed).

Name another product/organization that will literally spend hours on the phone/chat helping you?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Chris_QPW said:

Name another product/organization that will literally spend hours on the phone/chat helping you?
    SAP or Oracle Financial are two such products that will provide extended online support. Oh wait, these are enterprise financial systems and cost north of $1M with annual maintenance subscriptions!  >:)
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
This discussion has been closed.