Mobile account preferences won't let me uncheck downloaded banking accounts (Q Mac, Separate accts)

Kevin45
Kevin45 Member ✭✭
I have a few banking accounts configured for downloads, but I do NOT want to include them on the mobile app. They're always checked under preferences, however, and I'm unable to uncheck them.

Thus they're included in the mobile app's net worth when I don't want them to be.

On the Mac desktop version these accounts are included under "separate accounts" so my net worth is correct. I'd like the mobile app to do similar but I'm unable to keep these accounts from appearing, despite my attempts on the Mac desktop's preference setting for mobile / accounts.

Is there any way to refrain from including downloaded banking accounts, esp. when they're categorized under "Separate Accounts"?

Thanks.

Comments

• Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    I have a number of banking accounts set to display as 'separate'. Whenever I update accounts they reappear on my main lists, however. And thus also appear in my mobile accounts (which I also don't desire).

I assume this is a bug, since the 'separate' account display setting essentially has no effect after the account update.

Version 6.1.1 Build 601.37924.100
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Kevin45

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

If an account is connected using Quicken Connect, this account will appear greyed out and will always sync. Quicken Connect is part of the cloud and that facilitates the syncing process.

The only way to remove these accounts from the mobile sync is to disable the accounts for transaction download completely.

Depending on the situation, you may also consider creating a new file for these accounts if they need to download and be kept separate from your financial picture.

I hope this helps to clarify. Please let me know if you any additional questions or concerns.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Kevin45

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is interesting I'm wondering here if you would be able to get a couple of screenshots of the issue. I'd like to try replicating the issue as well. I'll leave an article down below on how to upload a screenshot.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you get the chance let us know more and I'll see if I can do the same on my end.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the quick reply. I'd rather not take screenshots because it will show private information.

To replicate:

1) Select an Account from the Account Window
    2) Edit the account
    3) Select display options
    4) Click the checkbox to file this account under "Keep Account Separate"
    5) Click Done
    6) Note that the account now appears under the "Separate Accounts" heading
    7) Click on the Accounts Update Button (leftmost of the top 3)

Bug
    8) After the update the Account will once again appear with all transactions and the "Keep Account Separate" checkbox is unchecked (it's listed ABOVE the "Separate Accounts" heading

Expected Behavior
    8) The Account will remain listed under Separate Accounts

This is a recent regression; I haven't seen this behavior until recently. A bug needs to be filed for this new unanticipated / undesired behavior.

Thanks!
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    That seems like an easy feature to implement. Checkboxes should be enabled for all accounts, regardless of their download status. Set a flag for mobile visibility and include that setting on the mobile upload for filtering. At the same time you could implement a bit field or similar for other upload properties you'd like to retain.

Seems like it'd be easy to implement. You're currently showing all accounts with checkboxes, and the user has no way to influence that checkbox. It's a very bad user experience and takes customization away from the customer.

Thank you
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    For some reason the two issues I rose have been merged, which may be confusing to anyone following them.. I'm not sure why / who merged them , however.
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    I'm going to re-open this issue since it was incorrectly merged with another.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @kevin45

Thanks for letting us know. Since then we've gotten more reports of users having the same issue as well and are currently looking into what is happening that's causing this. For now we do not have any additional troubleshooting steps but I'll leave a link down below to the main thread of users experiencing the same issue as well. Any additional updates may also be posted there as well.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893173/separate-accounts-q-mac

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.