Vault Password rejected by BAgent when a scheduled update is attempted

Roy Van Brunt
Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
background agent still rejects the current valid vault password, even after a re-install of the program.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roy Van Brunt

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist. What is the exact error message that you receive? Are you connected using Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? To confirm this information choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    What is the exact error message that you receive?

The message is the standard box - " the password does not match the stored password

Are you connected using Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?

Some accounts (USAA Bank, Morgan Stanley, and American Express are Direct Connect; But all of Wells Fargo is Express Web Connect

Roy Van Brunt
    [Removed-Privacy]

-----Original Message-----
    From: Quicken_Tyka <noreply+d7893126-s6031128@quicken.com>
    To: Roy Van Brunt [Removed-Privacy]
    Sent: Sat, May 1, 2021 10:29 am
    Subject: Re: [Quicken] Vault Password rejected by BAgent when a scheduled update is attempted

Quicken
    Quicken_Tyka answered your question: Vault Password rejected by BAgent when a scheduled update is attempted
    Hello @Roy Van Brunt Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist. What is the exact error message that you receive? Are you connected using Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? To confirm this information choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Tyka
  • ginnibar
    ginnibar Member
    I have the same issue and with the exception of 2 of my accounts, all accounts being updated are Direct Connect
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Does it matter where the data file is stored? For instance, does it need to be in the Quicken folder rather than on the desktop? It's always been desktop and always worked, but I'm just brainstorming on why the program finds and matches the correct vault password once you are in the file, but BAGENT seems to think there is a different password.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense, but I think @Quicken_Tyka is misleading us here. This question is about the Quicken Vault Password, not bank passwords and transaction download issues.
    When one uses Scheduled Updates, after booting Windows, the Quicken Background Agent starts and asks for the Vault Password.
    My question to the OP would be: Have you correctly memorized the Vault Password which you stored in Quicken?
    When you enter this password at boot time, do you enter it correctly?
    Passwords are "case sensitive", i.e., "PASSWORD" is not equal to "password" or "Password"
    Quicken limits passwords to 16 characters or less.
    A password typed or pasted into the field with a trailing blank will cause problems until you remove the trailing blank.

• Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    UKR. THNX. It happens every time. I might have made a mistype once, but certainly not that often. The question would be how you find out what Bagent thinks is the password, or, how do I change what it thinks it is! Whether I tell it to use the saved password or whether I type it in myself, it's rejected. Once I open the data file, that password works just fine. so the question is how do I get the saved bagent password changed.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest changing the Password Vault password to something very simple with six characters. Close Quicken, then reboot. This should update the bagent and when you sign on, you should use the simple password. If that works (and it should), edit the Password Vault back to what you want.
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    I tried it and when running bagent after the reboot, it did not respond (as it has been doing) that the new password I used didn't match the stored password. So the test will be whether the scheduled update will in fact run overnight. I assume it will. So,...thanks😎😁👏
This discussion has been closed.