Whenever I try to download transactions for my accounts, I get numerous add account messages

Options
This occurs when I am doing a one-step update as well as updating just a single account. It also occurs when I close an account. I get an add account message for Ally, which I cancel, then another one for Ally, which I cancel. Then I get one for Synchrony, which I cancel, then another one for Synchrony, which I cancel. Then I get one for Chase, which I cancel. And then it does it all over again. After that, it finally does download my transactions, but I have to go through that EVERY SINGLE TIME I DOWNLOAD TRANSACTIONS, and it's driving me crazy.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @chschen

Okay - or the old accounts, I'd suggest that you disable them from downloading - and if you actually have already done that for any of them, I suggest that you complete that process by going into each of those accounts and removing information that may be causing those pop-up messages.

To accomplish this - for each account - do the following:

1) Open the account register;
    2) Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right and select "Edit Account Details";
    3) In the "General" tab - remove all data in the "Financial Institution", "Account Number", and "Routing Number" "Customer ID' fields;
    4) Click on the "Online Services" tab - and in the "Online Setup" section - hit the "Deactivate" button.  If there is an "Activate" button instead, just move on to the next account.

Once you've done this for each of the "old" accounts, close-out and then restart Quicken. And then try the One Step Update process again.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @chschen

Can you tell us whether - for the financial institutions that pop-up (Ally, Chase, etc.) - you have old "closed accounts" in Quicken, or do you have "active accounts" but you just don't want to download them?  Please also tell us the versions of both Quicken and Windows that you are currently running.

Also, did this behavior just start happening?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• chschen
    chschen Member
    Options
    We have both active and closed accounts for all three of those financial institutions. I am running the Quicken subscription for Windows with version R32.12 installed. My Windows operating system is Windows 10 Home. This behavior has been going on for a long time. I just haven't had any time to deal with it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @chschen

Okay - or the old accounts, I'd suggest that you disable them from downloading - and if you actually have already done that for any of them, I suggest that you complete that process by going into each of those accounts and removing information that may be causing those pop-up messages.

To accomplish this - for each account - do the following:

1) Open the account register;
    2) Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right and select "Edit Account Details";
    3) In the "General" tab - remove all data in the "Financial Institution", "Account Number", and "Routing Number" "Customer ID' fields;
    4) Click on the "Online Services" tab - and in the "Online Setup" section - hit the "Deactivate" button.  If there is an "Activate" button instead, just move on to the next account.

Once you've done this for each of the "old" accounts, close-out and then restart Quicken. And then try the One Step Update process again.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

• chschen
    chschen Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think that fixed the problem.
This discussion has been closed.