Changing the Tracking Method on a Brokerage Account

Options
What happens in Q if one changes the Tracking Method on a brokerage account from "Complete - Positions and Transactions" to "Simple - Positions Only"?

The two seem self explanatory. The real issue is what happen when you change from one to the other. I have 11 years of transactions on several accounts, which is blowing up my the size of my .QDF file to more than 116 MB.

What will Q do on the change? Will it delete all the old transactions? Will it archive them? What happens?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/blog/quicken-simple-investing-beta
  • Carl Standifer
    Carl Standifer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock, thanks for the quick reply. The beta looks promising. But, I really need to know what will happen in my current Q version (R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock, thanks for the quick reply. The beta looks promising. But, I really need to know what will happen in my current Q version (R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12).
    My understanding is that other than removing the word beta and fixing a number of bugs, the description is still accurate.
This discussion has been closed.