Add sales tax to invoice

KariMIYT
KariMIYT Member ✭✭
I'm using Home & Business in Canada, using release R32.10.

I need to charge HST on my invoices. When I go to customize invoice, I see that sales tax IS checked for tax rate 1, and it DOES appear on the sample. When I go to business/sales tax code list, I see that H is harmonized sales tax at 13% under tax rate 1. When I go to my invoice "item" and edit it, I can see that it has tax H selected. Everything looks correct. But when I open a new invoice there is no tax column on the right, no tax drop-down to change tax types, and no subtotal for tax.

I DO have a business account called *Sales Tax* set up in my account list, with a $0 balance (because I haven't yet charged tax, but I need to now).

I've also tried setting up a new Accounts Receivable in case the issue was something to do with this old invoices account. When I set up the new account, it did NOT ask me if I should charge sales tax. And tax is nowhere on the invoice, despite it appearing correctly on the sample.

I've read several Quicken community posts on this, that say Canadians have to turn on "tax tracking" . But the most recent (dated Dec. 2020) says that the tax tracking setting has been hidden (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20135510#Comment_20135510).

I've also tried closing and opening the program, just in case - no luck.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @KariMIYT

After taking a deeper look it looks like something changed on our end that that ended up accidentally removing the option for taxable accounts in the recent update. To fix this you can revert to R25.22, create or enable an existing invoice account for sales tax tracking and then decide to update to R32.10 afterwards. This will still allow you to have the option. Additionally we have submitted this as a bug report as well to get fixed under report CTP-2104 as well. We do not have an eta when this will be fixed but be aware it is being worked on. 

If you do have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @KariMIYT

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd here. I'm wondering here if we might be able to get a screenshot of the invoice screen to see if we may be missing something. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#lates

Note you may need to drag the photo into the response box in order to add it into Quicken,

Once you get the chance let us see the invoice screen and we'll see what we're able to find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @KariMIYT

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • KariMIYT
    KariMIYT Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka and @Quicken Francisco.

Here's a screenshot of my invoice. There's no drop-down for selecting the tax.
  • KariMIYT
    KariMIYT Member ✭✭
    Here's my invoice editor, showing that sales tax is checked off, and appears in the sample on the right-hand column and below the subtotal, just as it should.

Looks like my previous response didn't link properly. @Quicken_Tyka and @Quicken Francisco
  • KariMIYT
    KariMIYT Member ✭✭
    Tagging @Quicken Francisco because it didn't work without the quotation marks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @KariMIYT

Thanks for the update.  I was taking a look at the Canadian version myself and was also trying to find a way to have the global tax attached. I wasn't able to find it so we're looking into it a bit deeper. Once we have more information we'll let you know what we're able to find out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • KariMIYT
    KariMIYT Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken Francisco , I appreciate your help!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @KariMIYT

After taking a deeper look it looks like something changed on our end that that ended up accidentally removing the option for taxable accounts in the recent update. To fix this you can revert to R25.22, create or enable an existing invoice account for sales tax tracking and then decide to update to R32.10 afterwards. This will still allow you to have the option. Additionally we have submitted this as a bug report as well to get fixed under report CTP-2104 as well. We do not have an eta when this will be fixed but be aware it is being worked on. 

If you do have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To fix this you can revert to R25.22, create or enable an existing invoice account for sales tax tracking and then decide to update to R32.10 afterwards. This will still allow you to have the option.
    For the record, Canadian patch files are available for download here:
    R32.10 ??? seems to have been withdrawn from public webpages (at least, I can't find it looking at the usual suspects)

• KariMIYT
    KariMIYT Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken Francisco and @UKR ! It worked!!! I appreciate the time you spent helping me with this issue.
This discussion has been closed.