renew by purchasing another copy

Options
My subscription expires tomorrow. If I buy a new copy online and download, will I be able to enter the activation code in my existing software rather than a regular renewal?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, as long as you don't buy something marked as "new subscribers only". The activation is entered in your Quicken.com account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes.  Applying the activation code during the last six months of an existing subscription will EXTEND the subscription by the # of months that you purchased.
    The activation codes are good for 2 years after their generation and it has been assumed that they are generated in the October time frame in the year before of the product label, i.e. Quicken 2019's codes were generated in Oct'2018, so the Quicken 2019 codes should not be valid for use.  Quicken 2018 was the exception in that they did not have an expiration date.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, as long as you don't buy something marked as "new subscribers only". The activation is entered in your Quicken.com account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jrhquickenns

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. You should be able to enter an activation code by going across the top to help >enter activation code. You'll just want to make sure the online purchase is for existing customers and not only new customers. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rolanddawson2500
    rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to be clear, Amazon is offering a 10% discount on the $77.99 Premier addition. I assume, based on discussion herein (the Amazon makes no distinction between existing and new customer) that I can buy from Amazon, and then use Code on my existing subscription? (And get a full year, not a "prorata" (10.8Month) renewal. is this correct?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes.  Applying the activation code during the last six months of an existing subscription will EXTEND the subscription by the # of months that you purchased.
    The activation codes are good for 2 years after their generation and it has been assumed that they are generated in the October time frame in the year before of the product label, i.e. Quicken 2019's codes were generated in Oct'2018, so the Quicken 2019 codes should not be valid for use.  Quicken 2018 was the exception in that they did not have an expiration date.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rolanddawson2500
    rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.